Under the general direction of the Service Manager, this position exists to ensure the timely Return to Rent Ready of all inbound returned rentals. Includes all elements of the R2R process including prepping of outbound units scheduled for delivery.
- Perform equipment fueling and inspections when equipment enters the yard. Prepare equipment for rental and staging. Will be asked to perform all yard functions at times including washing equipment.
- Responsible to communicate inbound equipment statuses and conditions in an effort to achieve prompt rental invoicing.
- Perform the following environmental inspections. Hazmat, hazwaste, storm water compliance, daily forklift inspections.
- Anticipates rental order needs such as bucket and work tool sizes and types.
- Keeps yard neat, clean, and organized. First line of communication on all yard traffic policies and adherence to speed limits.
- Assists branch manager with communicating to customers all Hawthorne safety practices and requirements.
- Assists walk in and will call customers with rental needs such as unloading and unhitching equipment.
- Will need to be able to operate all rental and yard equipment safely throughout the yard as needed.
- Determines equipment condition upon return and reports any damage or repair work necessary.
- Contributes to team effort by communicating actions, accomplishing related results as needed, and maintains a safe work environment.
- On occasion may assist facilities maintenance and building maintenance needs.
- Will need to operate and understand CAT Inspect or other types of digital photo or inspection related programs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid California Class "C" Driver's License with a good driving record.
- Must be able to be Forklift Certified within 30 days of employment.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have good communication skills and business etiquette.
- Ability to multi task.
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
- Walking: Moves about on foot often up and down stairs.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers parts weighing up to 60lbs.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position, if required to perform various functions of the job.
- Vision: Read paperwork and records on the computer.
- Talking: Communications by phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits at desk for minimal amount of time.
- Climbing: Climbing on and off forklifts.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works in both inside and outside all weather environments.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.