- CA |
- Jobs |
- Welders - Martinez, CA
Welders - Martinez, CA
This posting is intended to capture interest from candidates perpetually; however, hiring cycles are forecasted to be 2-3 times per year depending upon business need and vacancies. Applications received in between hiring cycles will be kept on file and considered during the next hiring cycle, which may take several months. All candidates will receive written notification if they are selected to proceed in the latest hiring cycle.
The Martinez Refinery refines and markets gasoline and other petroleum products under the Shell brand name throughout the west and northern midwest, providing product to Shell-branded retail outlets.
Pipefitters are responsible for fabrication and installation of piping, and removing and installing of process equipment. The job includes proficiency in performing measuring, isometric drawings & installation of threaded and flanged piping & tubing. Specific job duties include:
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair, according to specifications.
- Inspect, examine, or test installed systems or pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Select pipe sizes, types, or related materials, such as supports, hangers, or hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting or threading.
- Attach pipes to walls, structures, or fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools, or welding equipment.
- Assemble or secure pipes, tubes, fittings, or related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, or threading joints.
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Turn valves to shut off steam, water, or other gases or liquids from pipe sections, using valve keys or wrenches.
- Cut, thread, or hammer pipes to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, pipe threaders, or pipe benders.
- Remove and replace worn components.