Peterson Tractor Company has an immediate opening for a Shop / Field Welder in San Leandro. Reporting to the Weld Shop Service Manager, the incumbent will be responsible to perform new fabrication and welding repairs.Responsibilities
Perform general welding repairs.
Fabricate new components from shop drawings and/or blue prints.
May occasionally perform job tasks remotely at a customer location or job site.
Follow manufacturer and company installation guidelines to ensure quality work.
Keep area clean throughout the day to maintain a safe work area; observe all safety policies and procedures.
Communicate with both internal and external customers to promote a productive work environment.
Attend scheduled safety and departmental meetings.
Perform job tasks in a timely manner; work overtime as work load requires or as directed.
Perform computer related duties using MS Office ( word, excel ); Lotus Notes Email, and mainframe Dealer Business System.Qualifications
· High School diploma or the equivalent and one to two (1-2) years welding and fabrication experience, preferably on Caterpillar equipment or in the Industry. Ability to fabricate from drawings and templates, comprehend schematics and other technical literature or programs.
· Must have Construction equipment experience, with strong technical skills including – engine, hydraulics, powertrain, and electrical components.
· Candidate must have a valid California driver’s license with class B endorsement and clean driving record.
· Must be a member of Operating Engineers Local 3 or willing to become one.
· Ability to work overtime is required.
· Physical requirements include ability to maneuver 50 pounds, standing, walking, and bending.
Possess Tool Box and Tools to perform welding tasks, such as hammers, needle scaler, square, rulers, etc.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in it's employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, natural origin and veteran or disability status.