POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Operations Supervisor, fills parts orders, stocks incoming parts, makes hoses and other warehouse duties as directed.
- Fills parts orders from stock and delivers them to the designated in-house area.
- Puts to stock incoming parts shipments and customer returns. Notes discrepancies on the appropriate receiving document.
- Assures that all items leaving the warehouse are recorded on parts documents or other control documents and are signed by the authorized person.
- Counts inventory as required.
- Loads and unloads trucks and containers.
- Operates material handling equipment.
- Makes occasional pickups and deliveries using the company vehicle.
- Assures that all parts are clearly identified and adequately protected against rust.
- Makes Hydraulic Hose Assemblies
- Disassemble and assemble reusable fittings onto hydraulic hoses per Caterpillar specifications.
- Assemble permanent fittings onto hydraulic hoses per Caterpillar specifications and insure that each crimped fitting is checked within Caterpillar specifications.
- Must be able to identify foreign fittings and cross them over to Cat fittings.
- Must be able to convert Non-Cat hose assemblies to Caterpillar Hyd. Hoses with the correct operating specification of equipment it is used on.
- Invoice Hose Customers on the computer for all fittings and hoses made and include the proper labor charge.
- Advise the warehouse supervisor of any problems or any ideas to improve customer service.
- Adheres strictly to all company safety rules, regulations and procedures.
- Assists in maintaining stringent security controls in the warehouse and surrounding areas.
- Performs daily warehouse cleanup duties and assist in maintaining the highest housekeeping standards.
- Reports all matters of managerial importance to the immediate supervisor.
- Performs other warehouse and parts department duties as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a valid Class C Drivers License with a clean driving record.
- Understanding of warehouse duties.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid forklift certificate.
- Complete understanding of shipping and receiving procedures.
- Complete understanding of freight recovery procedures.
- Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven terrain.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform various functions of the job.
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Vision: Read work tickets and parts books.
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone, and in person.
- Sitting: Sits in equipment and in vehicles.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Lifting: Up to 60lbs. daily, frequent exertion.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works in a warehouse and outside with variations of temperature and weather.
- Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and harsh substances.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.