We Fly with the Fastest …
With 80+ years of experience and reliability, our products are aboard virtually every major commercial, military and space vehicle program. Our talented, loyal and dedicated employees provide highest quality and innovative solutions, products and services to meet our customers’ needs.
Manage and supervise the program management department, with responsibility for budget, performance, and execution. Directs project/program personnel to ensure on-time design, development, testing, and contractual deliveries are achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead the program office and program/project managers. Maintain program and project visibility for senior management.
• Support financial reporting for all programs and projects. Provide cost/fiscal metrics and risk reporting to senior management (and customers, as required).
• Ensure that all project/program activities are carried out in accordance with established methods, schedules and budgets, while minimizing risk to the Company.
• Drive, motivate and facilitate cross-functional teams to support and deliver on program objectives. Lead effectively across organizational levels and boundaries. Deliver recommendations and proposals to senior management.
• Participate in proposal activities, supporting new business growth.
• Develop and improve program management processes and have the ability to coach and lead the team. Program management processes to include Earned Value Management (EVM), monthly review and accountability.
• Track customer changes, lead quote for changes, and negotiate change claims with customers.
• This job description is not all inclusive of all duties. Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience
• BSME, BSAE, or related degree. MBA is beneficial, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• PMP certification a plus.
• Ten (10) plus years program/project management experience in the aerospace industry.
• Effective people management/supervision experience, preferably in both program and line organizations.
• Demonstrated results in schedule, cost, risk management, and earned value reporting.
• Demonstrated experience and skill in requirements and scope creep management.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Strong technical background and understanding of aerospace/Space product development and production requirements. High and/or low pressure ducting (composites) commercial product development experience helpful.
• Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strategic skill: Lead the program management team by developing strategies for successful program execution. Effectively drive/manage multiple priorities and projects.
• Leadership: Build and lead a strong cross-functional team. Possess knowledge of and ability to apply sound management practices.
• Customer Focus: Build rapport and forge strong working partnerships with external customers and within the organization.
• Communication: Express him/herself well in groups, presentations and written communications. Ability to resolve conflicts, provide clear direction and information to members of program team.
• Results orientation: Has drive needed to complete tasks and get results. Overcomes obstacles and resistance.
• Integrity, trust: Is straight-forward and honest in behavior and communications. Builds trust with customers and fellow employees.
• Must have the skills and ability to lead and mentor direct reports.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Lift up to 35 lbs.
• Push and pull 35 lbs.
• Bend Occasionally
• Sit, Stand, and Walk Frequently
• Talk and Listen Frequently
• Frequent Use of Computer Monitor
• Occasional domestic and international travels required
• Flexibility to start early and/or work later in the evening to accommodate work schedule of international customers
Benefits we are proud to offer you:
Arrowhead Products is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Arrowhead Products is a drug free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random testing. EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans
Limitations and Disclaimer: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, this job description does not establish a contract for employment and the content is subject to be changed, modified, or deleted at the discretion of the Company. In compliance with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) of 1990, the Company will make reasonable accommodations with those individuals with a disability as defined by the ADA.