Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
At Balfour Beatty Construction in Los Angeles, California we are seeking a VDC Specialist to work on the $2Billion LA People Mover job-site. The primary role of the VDC coordinator is to facilitate the successful implementation of BIM (Building Information Modeling) technology and the related processes, and to serve as a resource for business acquisition, project teams during proposals, preconstruction, and operations phases of the project. The VDC coordinator is part of the Technology Process Development (TPD) group, focused on producing models and providing technology-related services and knowledge. This role ensures project success by using technology to execute processes for or with clients, designers (architectural and engineering firms) and subcontractors.
- Understand project requirements and pursuit needs.
- Create and develop models to generate images, videos and other VDC content for use in proposals and presentations.
- Assists in the development of the VDC Execution plan for new projects.
- Supports the execution of Balfour Beatty's role in preconstruction workflows.
- Assist the integrated projects & preconstruction teams in using VDC tools for analyzing and using.
- VDC models during design review in preconstruction.
- Assist the project team to execute the VDC Execution Plan.
- Assists the project team in setting up a new project models for coordination and clash detection.
- Participates in Clash Detection sessions and VDC related meetings as necessary until the project team and project VDC integrator is self-sufficient.
- Trains and assists the project based VDC integrator on the use of VDC applications.
- Assists in other technology needs on projects by developing 3D virtual mockups, virtual reality sessions as needed.
- Assists project teams with creating and maintaining digital documents.
- Supports project teams with implementing all new technology.
- Builds models or further develops existing models to be used for specific VDC processes at all project phases.
- Assists in laser scanning, processing and analyzing of scan data and photogrammetry imaging.
- Proactively pursues personal development to remain proficient in latest VDC technologies and programs.
- Assist in developing training material and training other employees on technology related process.
- Maintains the VDC knowledge database, lessons learned, techniques and distribute knowledge.
- Observes the VDC process on current projects to capture new/better means and methods.
- Maintains and expand Balfour Beatty VDC content and digital libraries.
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Actively participates in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image.
- B.S. in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Architectural Engineering or related field.
- 2 or more years of experience as a project engineer, estimator, VDC coordinator or experience with BIM/technology programs.
- Requires well-rounded basic knowledge of operations and business acquisition.
- Demonstrates proficiency using the basic functions of a personal computer (email, internet, Word, Excel, Office, Outlook, etc).
- Knowledgeable or capable of using the following two software tools: Navisworks & Revit.
- Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating processes and making necessary changes using customer input to make improvements and meeting/exceeding customer expectations.
- Familiar with team-based delivery, contracting, and the design-build process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a requirement of this position.
- Experience with coordination workflows.
- Knowledge of vertical, horizontal, and rail construction.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.