San Diego92101CAUSSan Diego, CA
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a Utility Person at our San Diego location (Miramar area).
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, this position will be responsible for general clean up at the Carroll Canyon aggregate plant. This is an entry level position with room for advancement.
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest suppliers of heavy building materials to the construction industry in North America. Our companies produce a broad range of building materials, including cement, aggregates (crushed rock, sand and gravel), ready mixed and precast concrete, asphalt, concrete pipes, pavers, tiles and clay bricks.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, the global market leader in aggregates and a prominent player in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. HeidelbergCement Group employs some 57,000 people at 2,600 locations in around 40 countries.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
- Ensures compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures. Report unsafe conditions and report accidents or incident immediately.
- Responsible for housekeeping and general clean up at the plant.
- Will perform light maintenance when required.
This position will work the 1st shift. Overtime and working on Saturday will be required.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
This position requires:
- Must have high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-2 years of general labor and maintenance experience required
- Prior construction industry experience highly desired
- Heavy lifting required
- Highly dependable, ability to work in a fast-paced environment
If you believe you meet the necessary skills and requirements listed above, and are interested in the position, please apply in person between 9am – 2pm at the following location:
9229 Harris Plant Rd
San Diego, CA 92145
*EEO Statement Lehigh Hanson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.