Holt of California is seeking a qualified Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Technician to repair, recondition, service and maintain Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems (both static and flywheel) as well as other power system’s equipment in a field environment.
Essential Abilities and Responsibilities
- Perform all levels of maintenance on UPS and other power systems equipment including, but not limited to inspection PM’s, battery tests and replacements, load banks, capacitor and fan replacements.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions and failures.
- Make repairs and recondition as necessary power systems equipment.
- Prepare service reports and other custom checklists in the course of repair, maintenance, recondition and troubleshooting of power systems equipment.
- Plan and control the cost of service work.
- Maintain company owned equipment; keep in good, clean and orderly condition.
- Work safely at all times, adhering to all applicable local, state, and federal regulations and comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Communicate with customers as needed to make warranty, service/repair, maintenance and other recommendations upholding Holt of California’s high standards of superior customer satisfaction.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience or military experience in power systems, battery technologies, and/or electronic repair.
- UPS OEM factory training or experience in Liebert/Emerson, APC, Toshiba, Mitsubishi, MGE, Eaton and or Powerware is a plus.