LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY – THIS IS A LOS ANGELES BASED POSITION (Lenax does not pay for relocation or travel expenses for interviews).
Since its inception in 1993, Lenax Construction Services, Inc. (LENAX) has provided quality construction services and project controls to a diverse range of engineering, design, and construction firms. LENAX services a broad range of markets, including airports, transportation, industrial, correctional, universities, and marine. LENAX is a goal-oriented and customer-driven independent consulting business, aimed at adding value and strength to our clients’ program teams by providing expertise in current pricing and economic trends, while utilizing the most up to date means and methods in the construction and design industries.
LENAX is looking for a Senior Estimator with Tunnel experience. Experience with rail projects is necessary.
The Sr. Estimator duties include, but are not limited to, the following.
The candidate will review Contractors Price and Cost Proposals and:
· Review the proposal and assist with the determination of merit if required;
· Review the scope specified within the proposal to ensure it includes appropriate scope;
· Review the labor rates to ensure conformance to the contract specifications;
· Review labor productivity to ensure that the labor hours are in conformance with working restrictions, overtime is appropriate, etc.;
· Review quantities and ensure there is a fair and reasonable representation of additional scope, as well as possible credits;
· Review the material pricing and validate against R.S. Means or other pricing references, aquire material quotes when possible;
· Review pre-purchased material or equipment and/or equipment rental rates against fair and reasonable pricing references;
· Review contractor mark-ups to ensure that the correct mark-ups are being used and that any mark-up caps are not exceeded.
The candidate will participate in the negotiation meeting with the contractor and:
· Adopt a reasonable, but contractual attitude;
· Discuss the position after the contractor establishes their position;
· Share the basis of the position to ensure a fair and reasonable understanding;
· Seek to find points of agreement early in the discussion and document the agreements;
· Determine points of disagreement and path to resolution.
· Develop the record of negotiation documentation.
The candidate will also:
· Develop cost estimates from the engineering drawings; proactively identify deficiencies and/or questions; and actively assist the project team toward the answers.
· Prepare and review material take-offs from contract documents and drawings.
· Prepare RPM, conceptual and cost study estimates from preliminary sketches.
· Accumulate, evaluate and document historical cost data for the development of future estimates.
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Construction.
· At least seven (7) years of experience in performing Cost Estimates, Reviewing Contractor's Price and Cost Proposals for major engineering and construction projects.
· Heavy Construction and Rail projects experience is preferred.
· Experience of Tunnels or Deep Excavations is required.
· Experience in Earth Pressure Balance or Slurry TBMs of diameter greater than 15 ft. is preferred.
Salary history and salary expectations must be included. Applicants without a salary expectations and history will not be considered. A list of previous projects worked on is required as well.
LENAX employees enjoy a wide range of benefits and a competitive compensation package. LENAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.