TPR Traffic Solutions, has exciting opportunity for a Traffic Control Plan Drafter in our San Leandro, CA. Branch.
Why work for us: We offer a competitive salary and Comprehensive and generous benefit package.
- Excellent medical, dental, vision discount plan
- 401k plan
- Profit sharing plan
- Health Care flexible spending account
- Basic and Voluntary life insurance
- Paid vacation
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Birthday and Anniversary Holiday
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Service Awards
SUMMARY: As a Traffic Control Plan Drafter you will prepare traffic control plans and submit them to the appropriate city, county, and state agencies for approval. You will provide technical knowledge regarding traffic control devices to other traffic technicians. You will establish procedures for street closures and for repair or construction projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Study construction plan and determine what will be required to accommodate scope of work for the contractor or event coordinator.
- Prepare drawings of proposed traffic control or other control devices for roadwork and events that encroach into the public right of way, using CAD.
- Plan, design, and improve components of traffic control systems in order to accommodate current and projected traffic, and to increase usability and efficiency.
- Prepare graphs, charts, diagrams, and other aids in order to illustrate any issues or concerns that may need to be noted on the traffic control plan.
- Review traffic control/barricade plans with city, county, and state agencies in order to obtain permits for encroachment, parades, and other special events and for construction work that affects rights-of-way, providing assistance with plan preparation or revision as necessary.
- Visit work sites in order to determine projects' effect on traffic and the adequacy of plans to control traffic and maintain safety and to suggest traffic control measures, if necessary.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, perform repetitive physical work, reach with hands and arms, talk, hear, walk, stand for periods of time, sit, kneel, stoop, crouch, frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds. Visual abilities include; close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Work in unprotected weather elements, able to wear hard toed shoes, and other required personal protective equipment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- At least two years’ experience in Traffic Control or Work Zone Traffic Control is desirable.
- Must be able to manipulate Windows based programming at an intermediate level including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Basic knowledge of Traffic Engineering principles as it pertains to temporary traffic control.
- Expert knowledge in the use of CAD
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail on paperwork and have excellent documentation skills
Experience dealing with the public concerning difficult matters is preferred.
Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or GED.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems, involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Certification as an ATSSA Traffic Control Technician / Flagman or FBA Traffic Control Technician / Flagman is preferred.
- Valid Class C Driver’s License issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Job Type: Full-time non-exempt
ABOUT US: TPR Traffic Solutions is a growing construction, equipment rental traffic control Service Company. With 35 years of success behind us, we are a profitable and financially stable company that has experienced consistent growth. We also manufacture most of our standard application products and manufacture custom shoring products.
TPRC Traffic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.