DescriptionMicrosoft Word - ToolGrinder (04.14.2016).doc
Small established precision tool and cutter grinding shop in San Leandro industrial area seeks a part-time Machinist / Tool and Cutter Grinder, 8-24 hours per week (could expand to full-time), hours/days flexible.
Microsoft Word - ToolGrinder (04.14.2016).doc
- Set up and operate manual (no CNC) grinding machines to sharpen, modify, and recondition carbide and high speed steel metal cutting tools (drills, end mills, countersinks, reamers, taps, etc.)
- Use basic hand tools for machine set-up, such as screwdrivers and box wrenches.
- Use measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometer, comparator, and dial indicator.
- Apply basic mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios.
- Follow instructions, both written and oral.
- Read and interpret specifications, blueprints, and drawings.
- Strictly adhere to all health and safety rules.
- Meet or exceed standards for quality and productivity.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor and co-workers.
- Perform occasional customer service and administrative duties (communicate via phone and in person with customers, visitors, vendors, etc.) in a professional manner.
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Entry level knowledge of machine tool technology (0-3 years experience)
- Ability to frequently lift/move up to 20 pounds; occasionally lift/move 50+ pounds.
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours (with breaks).
- Ability to occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Good eyesight -- Clear vision at 20” or less, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work under noisy conditions (with personal protective equipment).
How To Apply
- Education and/or experience in the principles of machine tool technology
- Education and/or experience in blueprint reading
- Education and/or experience using higher math concepts (fundamentals of plane andsolid geometry, trigonometry)
We are willing to train the right person. We’re looking for someone with a positive attitude, ability to learn and grow, and a genuine interest in providing excellent service tothe metals and manufacturing industry. Salary depends on qualifications. If this position sounds right for you, please email your resume and/or a letter using the link provided.