Successfully complete all requirements for the AS Degree through San Joaquin Delta College, complete assigned e-learning course requirements, completion and timely reporting of all work records as required by the Apprenticeship Committee within the time
required by the Think BIG Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONISBILITIES
• Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Successfully complete placement testing, achieving minimum college requirements at San Joaquin Delta College and have a minimum score of 70 on the mechanical aptitude test.
• Be available to alternate 9 weeks at Delta College with 9 weeks at the Dealership during the first two years of the program.
• Complete all required general education and Caterpillar classes at San Joaquin Delta College with at least a 2.0 GPA (“C” Average) in each class. Complete all required e-learning.
• Successfully complete job assignments as directed by the mentor at each dealership.
• Maintain a professional appearance and attitude throughout the program and after completion of the program.
• Demonstrate Quinn Company Values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Quality, and Service.
• Upon graduation, work full time as an Think BIG Apprentice for two years to attain Journey Level certificate.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics; Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer and employee needs; Solicits employee feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Ethics - Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
High School Diploma or GED, must have achieved at least a “C” grade in two semesters of Algebra and two semesters of English Composition, or tested to this equivalency in the military or after leaving the military. Attendance at a trade school is not required, but preferred.
While experience is not required, it is beneficial to the candidate, especially in the areas of diesel technology, hydraulics and electronics.