This role will primarily manage Test Development services as a global offering to make & buy (EMS) sites. You will provide team leadership, planning, & execution of GE eCoE electronics test initiatives impacting new product development (NP), existing manufacturing test processes, & standard test platform/brilliant deployment at EMS suppliers. Additionally, you will implement test processes that deliver high product quality & significant manufacturing productivity.
• Collaborate with GE businesses, GRC, EMS vendors, and industry leaders to integrate global activities and achieve initiative goals
• Architect and network with global team of test experts, to support GE eCOE global test initiatives
• Design, manage change control of, and deploy standard test platforms that support electronics PCBA functional test needs for all GE businesses, contribute to the GE Store
• Launch & lead a GE-wide manufacturing test technology council to create/deploy test standards (hardware, software, data reporting, DFx tools), and proliferate best practices
• Support GE businesses in PCBA test strategy development, DFT & specification reviews. Review P&E/NRE make/buy strategies for EMS test equipment development
• Manage EMS test equipment stewardship, ensuring elimination of test gaps (yield/escapes), test equipment utilization across vendors, and test issue resolution to mitigate fulfillment risk
• Work collaboratively with EMS to routinely assess and manage test technology and brilliant road map that meets the needs of GE
• Collaborate and lead in a global environment, across cultures, geographies, and time zones
• Negotiate pricing and create agreements with support from eCoE sourcing in the area of software, design and DFT tools (Vayo, Testway, etc), standard hardware, etc.
• Proliferate standard test platform covering different product categories for board level test extending into HLA test in the future
• Manage the update and release of test suite to EMS to access data through XML link to GE private cloud to run analytics and take near-real time action. Oversee use of various scripting tools such as python, java, c++ and use of data visualization tools such as Tableau analytics tool and various tools required for Test data analytics
• Provide leadership and guidance for Test covering the following aspects:
- Test Engineering
- Test Development
- Tester Design and Development
- Test Data Analytics
- Design for Test methods, rules and guidelines
- Test Equipment theory of operations
- Test debug methodology
- Test Asset Optimization
- Test SW/FW standardization and GE Test Platform
- Design for Test Review and recommendations
• 25% minimum travel
• B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering, Automation, or related field
• 10+ years of experience and domain knowledge of production testing methods, tools, and industry test best practices
• Demonstrated ability to create and/or lead global teams or large-scale projects, with special focus on manufacturing productivity, technology, and automation.
• Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and verbal) to all levels of the organization)
• Ability to identify and implement best practices across an organization.
• Willingness to travel up to 25%.
• Experience with National Instruments LabView, TestStand, LabWindows CVI, PXI based test equipment, or other complementary test software and hardware architectures
• Demonstrated Lean/Six-Sigma practitioner, Lean/Six-Sigma Black Belt certification desired
• Experience working in a highly regulated manufacturing environment
Additional Elgibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Hands on knowledge about electronics, components, PCB, PCBA and HLA
• Deep understanding of Assembly process including component engineering, component functionality of memory devices to complex ASIC, Passives and EMD.
• Experience with EMS process and past hands on activity of Test Asset deployment and training
• Deep domain knowledge of DFT, Test Strategy, Test Optimization, Test Access and Test Coverage, Test Protocols (IEEE stds.) and more
• Work across different GE business and ensure cost and compliance are understood and design for cost is implemented in all stages of test strategy
• Must be able to guide the team to develop skills to have deep yet diverse knowledge of various product groups in all GE business