Follow your passion at Saladino’s Foodservice
Saladino’s Foodservice cares about the health and wellness of its associates by providing them these benefits (among many others):
Saladino’s associates are among the brightest in the business with a shared desire to learn and advance within our growing company. We combine our individual skills to achieve a higher level of shared success and are committed to promoting diversity of thought, ideas, perspectives and people.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skill and/or ability and the physical requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the company
• Intermediate mathematical skills
• Ability to work in an organized and proactive manner
• Open to new ideas; handles change positively
• Knowledge of company products and services
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Resides in immediate area of assigned region
• Available to travel extensively
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of two years in related field preferred
Licenses and Certifications
• Valid California Driver’s License
• Clean DMV printout
• Serv Safe Certification preferred
Saladino’s Foodservice is driven by integrity and innovations. The basis of our success lies within the diversity of our associates, their distinctive ideas and their commitment to setting the highest quality standards that create a meaningful and inclusive workplace.
The Territory Sales Representative upsells the company’s products to customers by personally contacting established customers and by developing new customers within an assigned region. Captures new accounts and expands sales to existing accounts.
• Acts as a conduit from customer to company and takes a consultative approach to selling by emphasizing our extensive quality of service and by proposing new ideas to exceed customer expectations.
• Makes engaging sales calls and builds solid relationships with the customer. Provides exceptional customer service that is in the best long-term interest of the company and protects the image of the company.
• Proactively searches for and brings on new business that supports Saladino’s customer guidelines.
• Develops and penetrates each account by selling a full mix of product categories through personal presentation of new products, ideas, technology and services.
• Consistently maintains the minimum customer base as defined by the Director of Sales and company leadership.
• Introduces customers to company product specialists and follows through on customer requests for information and samples.
• Assists the internal account function in the credit management and/or outbound logistics of clients by accurately stating our credit policies, ensuring that the accounting associates get the complete and correct information needed to extend appropriate credit terms.
From locally-sourced to national brands, Saladino’s Foodservice provides restaurants with the products they want and the business solutions they need. As the largest independent, family-owned foodservice distributor in California, our company is built on family values, sustainable business practices, servicing the customer beyond their expectations and giving back to the communities we serve since 1944.