DWK Life Sciences (DURAN WHEATON KIMBLE) was created as a result of the merger of three industry leaders and provides the world’s laboratories and production environments with the most comprehensive range of labware for scientific research and technical applications as well as solutions for storage and packaging. We manufacture a full range of precision glassware and specialty products for life sciences. We also offer products and services (vials, ampules, stoppers, septa, seals, caps, bottles, tubes, flasks, and value added services) to customers seeking packaging solutions.
Company revenue is generated through four primary channels; (i) Global distributors, (ii) National Distributors, (iii) Direct Field selling efforts and (iv) Inside Sales selling efforts.
DWK Life Sciences supports four primary market segments; (i) Life Science Research, (ii) Life Science Production & Packaging, (iii) Industrial & Applied Science, and (iv) Clinical – Healthcare.
- 401(k) with a 75% match of your first 8% deferred
- An additional 3% employer contribution each pay period
- Medical (including prescriptions), Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term disability
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays
The field based Research Territory Manager is responsible for the sales growth and maintenance of Target and Key accounts in the assigned territory. The Territory Manager achieves sales budget and forecasts by maintaining customer relationships while consistently developing opportunities for growth within the existing customer base and new business opportunities.
This position requires strategic thinking, flexibility, commitment, and the ability to work independently. Successfully managing accounts, working under pressure, and adapting to changes in the work environment are essential. This position covers Northern California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, and South Dakota. In addition to weekly travel to support customers, this position may require overnight travel as needed for shows, meetings and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prospect and establish new customers by effectively communicating DWK Life Sciences corporate capabilities and value proposition.
- Drive customer awareness of DWK Life Sciences' Best-in-Class product portfolio and services while creating and maintaining relationships with customers to promote penetration, retention and loyalty.
- Build, grow and manage Key and Target accounts in assigned territory. Seek out broader relationships within accounts to help facilitate networking and prospecting.
- Implement account and territory strategies that support increased sales and the strategic goals of assigned territory by successfully executing consultative sales strategies and creating new ways to achieve or exceed growth through new business, renewal, retention, and selling to existing accounts.
- Meet or exceed sales goals and objectives for assigned territory by providing DWK Life Sciences products and solutions to customers across various markets including but not limited to the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Industrial, Academic, Medical Research, Government, Food & Beverage, Agriculture and tertiary markets.
- Submit customer quotation requests and update all CRM opportunities as required to meet customer and sales effectiveness expectations.
- Manage, monitor, analyzing and communicate the territories sales data, opportunity pipeline and activities via the CRM to contribute to product/service planning.
- Execute effective and engaging DWK Life Sciences product and solutions training at customer locations, shows and lunch and learn events with end users and distribution channel field sales representatives.
- Update and maintain accurate Sales Effectiveness records including Contacts, Accounts, Opportunity Pipeline, Assigned Tasks, Activities and Distributor Work Day metrics necessary for proper management of territory and reporting in the CRM.
- Work with sales management to develop strategic territory business plans for achievement of sales growth and quota attainment.
- Stay informed and provide constant feedback on competitor and industry activity, new products, services, technology and general information of interest in the markets served by DWK Life Sciences.
- Professionally and positively represent DWK Life Sciences at all times.
- Understands the DWK Quality Policy and relevant Quality Objectives.
- Recognize his/her contribution to the effectiveness of the OPS including the benefits of improved performance and comprehend the impact or effect of not conforming with OPS.
- Observe all safety precautions, rules and regulations and maintains work area in a clean and safe manner.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS in life sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacy and/or education in related disciplines preferred. MBA, PhD is a plus.
- Laboratory/research experience in associated science field is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience working in a complex B2B sales environment with demonstrated business acumen utilizing a solution based selling .
- Demonstrated capability to effectively utilize systems (e.g. SPIN, Miller Heiman) and technology platforms including preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, negotiation, organizational and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to identify, drive and close sales employing a technical and tactical consultative approach.
- Ability to engage, influence and educate others in order to gain acceptance and approval of products and solutions.
- Ability to develop, implement, manage and track strategic and tactical territory business plans both independently and with a team.
- Ability to demonstrate the organizational, prioritization and planning skills required for successful customer account and territory management.
- Proven ability to work and succeed under minimal supervision.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, internet and CRM. Knowledge of Tableau a plus.
Work Environment/Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Travel up to 60%
- Heavy lifting up to 20 lbs
These are considered essential duties and are illustrative of those job tasks, which are fundamental. Employees may be required to perform additional related duties as may be assigned by management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.