DWK Life Sciences (DURAN WHEATON KIMBLE) was created as a result of the merger of three industry leaders and provides the world’s laboratories and production environments with the most comprehensive range of labware for scientific research and technical applications as well as solutions for storage and packaging. We manufacture a full range of precision glassware and specialty products for life sciences. We also offer products and services (vials, ampules, stoppers, septa, seals, caps, bottles, tubes, flasks, and value added services) to customers seeking packaging solutions.
Company revenue is generated through four primary channels; (i) Global distributors, (ii) National Distributors, (iii) Direct Field selling efforts and (iv) Inside Sales selling efforts.
DWK Life Sciences supports four primary market segments; (i) Life Science Research, (ii) Life Science Production & Packaging, (iii) Industrial & Applied Science, and (iv) Clinical – Healthcare.
- 401(k) with a 75% match of your first 8% deferred
- An additional 3% employer contribution each pay period
- Medical (including prescriptions), Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term disability
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays
The field based Territory Sales Manager is responsible for the sales growth and maintenance of Target and Key accounts in the assigned territory. The Territory Sales Manager achieves sales budget and forecasts by maintaining customer relationships while consistently developing opportunities for growth within the existing customer base and new business opportunities.
This position requires strategic thinking, flexibility, commitment, and the ability to work independently. Successfully managing accounts, working under pressure, and adapting to changes in the work environment are essential. This position covers southern California eastern Nevada and Arizona. In addition to weekly travel to support customers, this position may require overnight travel as needed for shows, meetings and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Research customers’ needs and develop application of products and services in an effective manner by:
- Focusing on Key and Target accounts
- Determining account and territory strategies and goals focusing on the appropriate product and service for each
- Coordinating data and information from staff and member groups
- Researching and developing lists of potential customers
- Evaluating product & service marketability in terms of customers' technical needs
- Staying current with an understanding of the industry trends, government regulations, and technical developments that affect the customers and markets
- Establishing and maintaining industry contacts
- Working with sales support and staff to establish a communication path with the customer to ensure sales opportunities for products & services
- Developing and maintaining a high level of knowledge and experience regarding the product & services we sell as well as the manufacturing capabilities.
- Use Salesforce to manage and grow the territory
Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional and effective manner by:
- Developing sales proposals for customers on technical products & services
- Making regular sales calls to develop relationships, service existing customers, and follow up on leads
- Acting to close deals & finalize contacts
- Meeting established sales revenue and profit goals
Participate in sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner by:
- Researching, developing & maintaining long & short range sales plans, overall territory and individual Key and target accounts
- Producing regular reports & final plans for Manager's approval
- Maintaining an up to date awareness of strategic plans and procedures to coordinate sales/customer plans
- Monitoring, analyzing, and communicating sales data, via ERP and contact management software, to support product/service planning
- Maintain and expand database of accounts, contacts, and opportunities within supplied CRM system
- Expected to travel in the given territory calling on accounts at least 50% of the time
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers
- Treating all employees and customers with dignity, respect and courtesy
- Understand company quality policy and relevant quality objectives.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS Preferred. Requires minimum of an associate’s degree or equivalent experience in the field
- 5+ years sales experience. Experience in the life sciences primary packaging arena is preferred.
- Technical Sales Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Business Results Orientation
- Must also possess a Change Orientation and Strong Analytical Ability.
- Experience with CRM tools, preferred
Work Experience/Physical Demands
- Travel up to 50%
- Heavy lifting up to 20 lbs
These are considered essential duties and are illustrative of those job tasks, which are fundamental. Employees may be required to perform additional related duties as may be assigned by management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.