Upgrade your Career. Become a Quinn Technician!
You’ll have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced and powerful equipment on earth
• Total Rewards – Quinn offers competitive pay and benefits in addition to other rewards including profit sharing and training
• Career Advancement - Ongoing technical and managerial training means dealer technicians follow exciting and fulfilling career paths
• Advanced Training – Whether you’re a skilled or entry level technician, Quinn can provide you with education and training to further your career.
• Pride in what you do – Your helping maintain and repair equipment that has an impact on your community
• Great team environment – Quinn Company is a collaborative business that functions best as a team.
Field service repair of Caterpillar and/or related equipment or components, following established procedures and guidelines. Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions and failures of machine and engine repair. Accept all out of town assignments that may require overnight stay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
• Perform repairs with limited or no departmental supervision with higher level of responsibility for repair
• Assume ownership of difficult customer issues while maintaining integrity with Quinn Company and Caterpillar
• Effectively interact with customers in a professional manner.
• Effective interaction with other departments such as sales and parts
• Maintain positive behavior as a representative for Quinn Company and Caterpillar
• Possess tooling required by the service department.
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
• Disassemble and assemble machines/components. Recondition/repair as required.
• Work overtime as required by workload and customer need
• Select proper tooling for any standard job and demonstrate proficiency with Cat diagnostic tools.
• Perform diagnostics and organize appropriate repair procedures.
• Successfully complete appropriate training sessions as required.
• Demonstrate safe and proper application of hand, pneumatic and electric tools.
• Assist other technicians in repair tasks such as removal, installation and repair of components/machines.
• Perform tasks from verbal/written instructions and communicate effectively with supervisor and fellow employees.
• Follow directions as given; follow company policies and procedures
• Retain acquired knowledge; build competencies and share skills with other technicians.
• Be responsible for personal development and training requirements for growth
• Stay current with Cat product line. Utilize resources from Cat and Quinn Company.
• Demonstrate and promote Quinn Company core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Quality and Service.
• Travel to other stores, customer sites, other dealer and Caterpillar facilities for work or training
• Work alternate shifts a required by workload and customer needs
• Work in the field as required by manager or supervisor
• Maintain a good driving record
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One-year certificate or Associates degree from a community college or technical school; Five plus year's heavy equipment experience or equivalent education and experience.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /V /DV