Upgrade your Career. Become a Quinn Technician!
You’ll have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced and powerful equipment on earth
• Total Rewards – Quinn offers competitive pay and benefits in addition to other rewards including profit sharing and training
• Career Advancement - Ongoing technical and managerial training means dealer technicians follow exciting and fulfilling career paths
• Advanced Training – Whether you’re a skilled or entry level technician, Quinn can provide you with education and training to further your career.
• Pride in what you do – Your helping maintain and repair equipment that has an impact on your community
• Great team environment – Quinn Company is a collaborative business that functions best as a team.
Provides project technical and administrative oversight during assigned service execution on service jobs, through unto their completion. Supports Commercial Services through scheduled job performance on Caterpillar Commercial Engines and Electric Power Generation (EPG) products to include, but not be limited to: Generator sets, automatic transfer switches, uninterruptible power supplies, and switch gear equipment. Individual performs technical duties under service management established process flows & accountability structure. Position maintains the ability and knowledge to provide on the job performance of all duties independently and unassisted on all assigned small to large projects, experience in alternative fuels such as propane, natural gas, landfill gas, and co-generation applications, posses performance & ability in test procedures such as load banking, megger testing, block loading, and paralleling of generators. An EPG Technician primarily works on Caterpillar & competitive product lines providing maintenance & repairs on defective customer equipment. An EPG Technician actively works as a team leader, a mentor in the daily performance of their duties, and provides regional service support as required by our customer's needs. Position demands multilevel coordination, concise documentation, and complex technical communications between local service staff and our customers.
A successful candidate is required to have the technical ability to inspect, service, troubleshoot, test, analyze, diagnose, document, and remedy deficiencies through repair on electric powered equipment, components, and operating systems extending across multiple Caterpillar and competitor product lines. This includes the ability to accurately define, measure, identify, investigate, repair, & resolve customer's equipment complaints & malfunctions. Upon being trained one should be able to discern with relative accuracy between actual covered product warranty and non-covered repairs based upon the cause of failure. Individual should be able to become proficient at providing up-sell opportunities on all Caterpillar products and services offered through Quinn Power Systems Commercial Engine Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Perform repairs with limited departmental supervision with higher level of responsibility for repair.
• Possess tooling required by the service department.
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
• Disassemble and assemble machines/components. Recondition/repair as required.
• Work overtime as required by workload and customer need.
• Select proper tooling for any standard job and demonstrate proficiency with Cat diagnostic tools.
• Perform diagnostics and organize appropriate repair procedures.
• Successfully complete appropriate training sessions as required.
• Demonstrate safe and proper application of hand, pneumatic and electric tools.
• Perform tasks from verbal/written instructions and communicate effectively with supervisor and fellow employees.
• Follow directions as given; follow company policies and procedures.
• Build competencies and share skills with other technicians, retain acquired knowledge.
• Treat customers and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner.
• Be responsible and proactive for personal development and training requirements for growth.
• Stay current with Cat product line. Utilize resources from Cat and Quinn Company.
• Demonstrate and promote Quinn Company core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Quality and Service.
• Travel to other stores, customer sites and other dealer and Caterpillar facilities for work or training.
• Work alternate shifts as required by workload.
• Work in the field as required by manager or supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One-year certificate or A.S. degree from a community college or technical school. Five plus year's heavy equipment experience or equivalent education and experience.
To email your resume instead of applying, send to:
Please make sure you put the job# you are applying for.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /V /DV