Repair of Caterpillar and/or related equipment or components, following established procedures and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Perform repairs with limited departmental supervision with higher level of responsibility for repair.
• Possess tooling required by the service department.
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
• Disassemble and assemble machines/components. Recondition/repair as required.
• Work overtime as required by workload and customer need.
• Select proper tooling for any standard job and demonstrate proficiency with Cat diagnostic tools.
• Perform diagnostics and organize appropriate repair procedures.
• Successfully complete appropriate training sessions as required.
• Demonstrate safe and proper application of hand, pneumatic and electric tools.
• Perform tasks from verbal/written instructions and communicate effectively with supervisor and fellow employees.
• Follow directions as given; follow company policies and procedures.
• Build competencies and share skills with other technicians, retain acquired knowledge.
• Treat customers and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner.
• Be responsible and proactive for personal development and training requirements for growth.
• Stay current with Cat product line. Utilize resources from Cat and Quinn Company.
• Demonstrate and promote Quinn Company core values of Relationship, Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Quality and Service.
• Travel to other stores, customer sites and other dealer and Caterpillar facilities for work or training.
• Work alternate shifts as required by workload and customer needs.
• Work in the field as required by manager or supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One-year certificate or A.S. degree from a community college or technical school; Two to four years mechanical experience or equivalent education and experience.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /V /DV