Schedules / Directs Service Department work for Technicians, monitors work in progress, responds to customer service scheduling needs. Performs maintenance inspections, repairs, installations and routine servicing of Caterpillar and allied rental equipment and components following established procedures and guidelines.
May require non-exempt leadership to departmental technicians in the execution of their duties. Directly supervise employees in the Service department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities also include participating in the interview and hiring process , training employees , planning , assigning and directing work , appraising performance , rewarding and disciplining employees , addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Plans work schedule to meet work order commitments.
• Assigns work to Technicians and monitors work in progress.
• Provides decision-making support to Technicians in the analysis and resolution of service/parts problems
• Provides professional responsive communication as to departmental activities, customer service issues, priorities and timelines to the Store Manager.
• Acts as Department liaison to customers.
• Performs equipment repairs as necessary with limited supervision.
• Possesses tooling required by the service department.
• Demonstrates safe and proper application of hand, pneumatic and electric tools.
• Demonstrates proficiency with service manuals, and service publications
• Performs tasks from verbal/written instructions and communicates effectively with supervisor and fellow employees.
• Working knowledge of common terminology, methods, practices, and procedures related to equipment repair.
• Practices effective time management and good work habits.
• Responds to emergency call-ins as necessary.
• Accurately completes departmental paperwork / documentation in a timely manner.
• Is responsible for personal development.
• Stays current with Rental Services equipment and product lines.
• Maintains / operate company vehicles in a safe manner.
• Ensures good housekeeping standards are maintained.
• Treats customers and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner.
• Conducts weekly safety meetings w/ staff.
• Trains, coaches, counsels or recommends disciplinary action for departmental personnel
• Contact and discuss all major repairs with QRS Service Manager anything over $1000.00.
• Make sure adequate staff is available at all times to handle needs during business hours.
• Weekly monitor in shop and Equipment due for maintenance report. Ensure statuses on equipment change are complete in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate and promote Quinn Company core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Quality and Service.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Certificate of completion or AA/AS degree from a community college or technical school and five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /V /DV