We are looking for Service Technician Helpers/Assistants, that are interested in Earning & Learning. As participants in our customized training program you will be earning a competitive salary while learning the skills necessary to attain Service Technician level credentials. This person thinks logically and enjoys learning and growing in knowledge, solving problems with creativity, diligence and achievement. Pumpman So Cal offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
- Assist Service Technician in the troubleshoot and repair all types of centrifugal pumps-domestic water, HVAC pumps (tower cooling & chilled water), submersible, column, and sump/sewage.
- Under general supervision, inspects, modifies, maintains, repairs, and installs pumps, electric motors, valves, and related mechanical equipment for water and wastewater systems throughout Western Pennsylvania and the state of West Virginia.
- Assist Service Technician in the troubleshoot and repair pressure reducing valves associated with domestic water booster systems.
- Assist Service Technician in the troubleshoot and repair sewage ejector pumps, pump controls and systems.
- Assist Service Technician in the diagnostics/estimates, takes down information at the customers site for needed repairs or replacements of pumps and related equipment, takes pictures of site, equipment and access to provide an accurate estimate for needed work and or assist with preparation of an estimate working together with the estimating department.
- Assist Service Technician in the troubleshoot and repair common electrical issues such as three phase and single phase electrical system, including capacitors and start relays.
- Assist Service Technician in the troubleshoot and repair variable frequency drives (VFD) for electric motors, programmable logic controllers (PLC) pump controls.
- Assist Service Technician in responding to emergency situations as necessary during normal working hours and when scheduled to be on call for 24-hour emergency service.
- Assist Service Technician in the Planned Maintenance required. Inspects pump systems and related equipment and makes recommendations for repairs, replacements, or calibrations as needed.
- Follows all electrical safety rules and Lock-out/Tag-out procedures.
- Assist in the maintenance of service truck tools, safety equipment, instruments, and materials, specific to pump, motor, and equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Assist in the maintenance of required stock of pumps, parts, fittings, pipe and related material on the service truck.
- Assist in the reviews job related pictures, work sheet and material lists before leaving for job. Allows for changes or additional material that may be required.
- Operates a variety of equipment and hand and power tools as needed to construct, repair, and assist in the maintenance of mechanical equipment. Assist in the maintenance of and cares for all equipment and tools in his/her care and use. Performs cleaning, lubricating of tools as required.
- Performs duties in a professional manner and works well with others or in a team setting.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with co-workers, outside agencies, and the public.
- Regular attendance and adherence to prescribed work schedule to conduct job responsibilities.
- Observes safe work practices and safety methods; performs other duties as assigned.
- High School or Trade School Diploma
- Minimum 0-1 years Plumbing and or Electrical background
- Some experienced in facets of the plumbing trade.
- Experience in soldering, brazing and welding steel and stainless steel is a plus
- Experience performing various mechanical maintenance and repair work
- Ability to diagnose problems and determine appropriate action with assistance.
- Read, interpret, and work from sketches, books, blueprints, and specifications.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move in excess of 100 pounds.
- Must have a valid drivers license at all times.
- Candidates must pass pre employment background and drug test.
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Great Benefits ,
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Uniforms provided
Headquartered in Saddle Brook, NJ, PumpMan, a portfolio company of Soundcore Capital Partners a highly successful pump maintenance, service and repair company with aspirations of becoming a national leader in the space through acquisitions. To-date PumpMan has acquired companies in Northern California, Southern California, Pittsburgh, PA, Philadelphia, PA and New York City.