Hikvision is the world’s leading supplier of video surveillance solutions. From its inception in 2001, Hikvision has played an active role in the ever-evolving video surveillance market, devoting eight percent of its annual revenue into research and development for continued product innovation. Featuring the industry’s strongest R&D workforce, Hikvision designs, develops, and manufactures innovative standard- and high-definition cameras, including a variety of Smart IP recorders and cameras with infrared, wide dynamic range, facial detection, object counting, and intrusion detection capabilities.
The Tech Support Technician assists clients with the installation and troubleshooting of primarily Hikvision products, which include, but are not limited to, video recorders, cameras, networking peripherals, software applications, and other physical security products. This is typically conducted over phone, email, specialized support platforms, and remote desktop tools. Hands-on product testing and training are often required. IP networking is a primary aspect. Travel is unusual but possible.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide courteous and professional service over communication mediums such as phone, email, web, and other electronic platforms.
- Provide technical assistance for customers who encounter difficulties while attempting to install, setup, or use Hikvision products.
- Analyze and identify source of problems through troubleshooting with the client and advise resolutions.
- Learn through hands-on product testing, with the opportunity to create training materials for both external and internal trainings.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify and highlight trends in customer inquiries.
- Report and escalate any potential product issue thoroughly and comprehensibly to product management and development teams for future improvements.
- Ensure electronic records are created and updated for all customer communications and escalations.
- Ensure customers queries are responded to quickly, with the aim of resolving each issue with one-call resolution.
- Become knowledgeable and effective at product support, ultimately reducing call times and contributing to low call abandonment as a team.
- Maintain low wait times while focusing on responding inquiries within timely and culturally-appropriate manner.
- Postsecondary degree, certificate, or diploma in electrical, computer, or other technology fields.
- Minimum of 2 years of Technical Support experience
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English. Being multilingual in Spanish or French is highly valued.
- Have interest and is proficient in operating and troubleshooting PC and IP networking.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality for assigned shift is an absolute must due to nature of duties.
- Prior experience in technical support and/or physical security industry is highly valued.
- Prior experience in customer service in-person or over the phone is a plus.
- Recommended personal qualities in order to excel at job:
- Good interpersonal skills, able to manage customer attitudes and emotions.
- Logical thinker, good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Interest in up-to-date technology trends