The person hired for the position of Systems Technician will install, troubleshoot, repair, modify, and make adjustments to process instrumentation and control systems used in production. Assists in general plant equipment maintenance. This may include training of other maintenance or production personnel and assisting in systems support.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Troubleshoots, isolates and corrects malfunctions in electronic/electric control systems and equipment to include controllers, sensors, switches and electrical components of pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical interfaces
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes repairs or adjustments based on that diagnosis by using repair parts, by correcting existing parts, or by innovation to select substitute parts.
- Disconnects and reconnects services to repaired assemblies
- Moves material, equipment and machinery using standard methods of lifting, rigging, hoisting, blocking skidding and rolling
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks including making adjustments to electrical/electronic system components and circuits of closed and open loop process control systems used in the measurement and control of temperature, humidity, speed, vacuum, pressure, tension, flow, and time.
- Follows written procedures as indicated on PM sheets or in equipment manuals.
- Installs, modifies, isolates and corrects malfunctions in electronic/electric control systems and equipment to include controllers, sensors, switches and electrical components of pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical interfaces
- Develops, tests, diagnoses and modifies programs for microprocessor-based manufacturing systems in accordance with facility management of change policies
- Reads and works to indicated accuracy, specifications and tolerances as detailed on engineering drawings, machine assembly prints, machine construction prints, blueprints, sketches, equipment manuals and vendor diagrams, using both US customary and SI (metric) systems of measurement.
- Assists, analyzes and performs tests on production equipment, recording required data
This position will require:
- Working a fixed third shift
- Working overtime
- Working weekends
- Working holidays as needed
This position may require:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in systems control in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Allen Bradley PLCs
- Two year technical degree or higher
- Minimum of 1 year of previous experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Systems Technician in a pharmaceutical (or related industry) manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with automated packaging equipment
- Formal training in machining
- Formal training in welding
Location: Northridge, CA
Relocation: Is not authorized
For a complete description and to apply for consideration, go to 3M's Careers Web Site Click the "Search & Apply" tab, and in the “Job Number” field input 49382 then click "Search for Jobs". To view the description, click on the title of the position. 3M is an EEOE.
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs about 88,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. Be part of what’s next! Join 3M – follow us @3MCareers and learn more at