System Specialist I, II, & Sr.
Security and Life Safety
Department Manager or Supervisor
- Level 1 – Must be able to achieve many objectives of this Requires some amount of timely supervision to ensure the proper tasks are being accomplished and that communication is adequate, timely, in the correct manner (i.e. verbal, written, email, etc.). Individual had a good understanding of at least one type of system within this division as well as holds a low level NICET or other industry certification.
- Level 2 - Consistently achieves all of the objectives of this This individual also provides mentoring and direct day-to-day supervision to level 1 positions. Has an ability to work on multiple Special Systems deliverables and has obtained mid-level NICET or other industry certifications.
- Senior - Highly experienced in the Advanced awareness of the technical needs of system programming. Individual has a deep understanding of the many systems installed and maintained within the division. The individual usually has a high level NICET or other certification and is active in the industry. Provides mentoring and direct supervision when required on projects.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide Special Systems database, graphics, programming, for sequences as provided by the Design Specialist, project specifications, or other applicable sources.
- Provide accurate controls of special systems start-up and commissioning including point-to-point checkout on projects as Verify correct alarm, annunciation, and other actions by equipment, devices, panels, and annunciators of Special Systems projects.
- Support installation personnel on project sites.
- Provide information and support for other contractors on project site.
- Debug installation issues during both the static and dynamic start up and commissioning of building special systems.
- Provide support to Climatec and other contractors to solve building operating issues that go beyond the special systems operations.
- Provide input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems.
- Provide start up documentation including daily logs, check out logs, commissioning documents, as required for assigned projects.
- Ensure timely software backups are created for projects and software development.
- Provide service support on existing installations ensuring systems continue to meet existing building occupancy codes.
- Provide service support on existing systems insuring their proper and efficient operation as well as providing ongoing support to the facility’s building engineers.
- Complete time sheets, service work orders, and other paperwork required for this position in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist in preparing of as-built drawings and Operation & Maintenance manuals.
- Assist in turnover of projects from Operations Team to Service team.
- Assist Sales team during estimating phase including potential product or system demonstrations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of high school diploma.
- Two year technical degree related studies preferred.
- Other technical experience such as military, on the job training programs, may meet this requirement as determined by local management.
- Manufactures certifications are preferred (EST, Notifier, Siemens, Gamewell, Simplex)
- Knowledge and experience with camera and access control systems is a plus (Lenel, CCTC, Bosch)
- Experience and expertise including but not limited to:
- An understanding of computer operating systems including MS Office Suite of products.
- The ability to configure and debug computer and networking problems.
- Experience with programming.
- A clear ability to work with electronic equipment such as volt meters, amp meters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- The ability to troubleshoot basic electric and electronic circuitry including reading and interpreting electrical and electronic diagrams.
- A working understanding of AC power circuitry including breakers, multi-phase power, (120VAC and greater).
- Clear and concise ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- An ability to understand empathetically the issues and perceptions others have and to creatively and successfully work through these issues to achieve a successful outcome and customer and employee satisfaction.
- Level 2 and Senior System Specialists have a very deep understanding of the special systems that control An advanced understanding of multiple types of Special System products as well as holding high level NICET or other certifications in the Special Systems industry is expected.
- Level 2 and Senior System Specialist also have a strong awareness of Climatec culture and the culture of the industry in which we work.
- Be able to lift and carry ladders, drawings, personal computers, material, etc.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to spend significant time standing and walking on construction sites.
- Be able to climb several flights of stairs or ladders throughout a typical day on a construction site.
- Maintain a satisfactory driving record which, per Climatec’s vehicle policy, allows the individual to drive a company vehicle.
- Be physically able to kneel, stoop and crawl.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K w/ company match
- Paid Vacation/Sick/Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance