Provide system administration support of computers, servers, racks of equipment and configure/manage WAN/LAN interfaces. Provide support for web development, testing, system integration, installation scripts and other duties to support systems and network infrastructure. Monitor application processes to ensure high availability and accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform Windows server administration including the maintenance of Active Directory – Group Policies, Login scripts, DFS, MS Exchange 2003-07, MS SQL, and Back Office applications.
• Execute server and system upgrade including the application of service packs, patches, hot fixes and firmware recommended by manufacturers.
• Perform production operation support including log reviews, backup/recovery procedures and periodic maintenance.
• Diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of Windows applications and networking problems to help minimize downtime.
• Deploy various in-house built applications to both staging and production environments.
• Oversee configuration management of various processes running Windows platform so as to enable controlled rollout of software versions with well-planned back-out procedures.
• Complete advanced solution design including server, disk space provisioning and Network Infrastructure to ensure business objectives are met.
• Implement and manage Storage Area Network (SAN), Direct Attached Storage (NAS); this includes disk array configuration and volume management.
• Participate in Change Management Board to ensure product standardization and adherence to production policies and procedures.
• Document and maintain accuracy of standard operational procedures and best practices of areas of responsibility.
• Work with IT Management, IT Development, Accenture Support and other vendors to ensure on time resolution of customer impacting incidents.
• Oversee network-related projects in the office and hosting environments. This will include installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN appliances and of local and remote data center environments.
• Conduct network system audits to determine the efficiency of hardware and communication components and make recommendations to upgrade as needed to meet business needs.
• Participate in the development, implementation and testing of disaster recovery procedures for IT infrastructure.
• Work schedules may include rotating off-hour and weekend support with other windows team members to maintain consistent system availability.
• Support applications., particularly DBS, by reviewing error logs and messages, escalating to third-party support when necessary
• Perform other related duties/works as required.
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Server System, OSes, Exchange, SQL Server, ISA, SMS, MOM, OS400, and Sharepoint
• Familiarity with the TCP/IP network protocol, firewall management, configuration
• Knowledge of storage technologies such as SAN or Directory/Global Catalogue, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
• Familiarity with Internet filtering software
• Project management skills a definite asset;
• Strong understanding of objectives; good written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills; orientation; highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with 5 years of hands-on experience with network and server administration in an IT environment of 50+ servers; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Two year degree from an accredited program or certification in Computer Systems plus 8 years’ experience in a professional IT environment of 50+ servers
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• MCSA Windows Server 2008
• MCSA SQL Server 2012
• MCSA Windows 7
• MSCE for Windows Server
• MSCE Sharepoint
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /V /DV