Supervise the Company's transportation functions within a defined geographic region. Dispatch transportation assets to ensure efficient and responsive customer service. Comply with company, state, and federal DOT guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ensure prompt and accurate delivery/pick-up of all assigned equipment moves for Quinn Group business units.
• Manage and coordinate equipment movement through the use of applicable transportation and rental software.
• Plan, assign and direct workflow.
• Evaluate and implement changes for staffing levels and work schedules.
• Communicate with customers / employees to research and resolve transportation problems/issues.
• Manage and control outside equipment hauling frequency and employee overtime expenses.
• Allocate transportation expenses to appropriate departments.
• Schedule appropriate training for assigned workforce.
• Ensure employees' timely completion of assigned online training programs (i.e. Pure Safety, Dealer Performance Center, etc.).
• Ensure drivers comply with 90 day Biennial Inspection of Terminals requirements (BIT inspections).
• Verify drivers' daily submission of log books and vehicle inspection reports.
• Ensure drivers adhere to regularly scheduled delivery vehicle maintenance intervals and meet Company and DOT standards / regulations.
• Collect inspection documents from drivers and submit to appropriate departments.
• Maintain a self-improvement training program; remain current on Company policies and applicable DOT requirements.
• Maintain and promote a safe work environment. Ensure any employee accidents / injuries are reported and documented promptly.
• Evaluate employee performance; perform PADS reviews on all direct reports in a timely manner.
• Conduct timely EOS feedback meetings with employees and develop Action Plans based on results.
• Demonstrate and promote Quinn Company core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Quality and Service. Create an environment that inspires a commitment to excellence, self & company respect, loyalty and trust.
• Align, partner, and collaborate with assigned HR representative to proactively manage employee relations and support / develop business unit objectives.
• Visit each branch within assigned region a minimum of three times a year.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two year College degree / certificate Associates and three years of related industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /V /DV