Has primary responsibility for directly managing QRS shop and field technicians and resolving any technical issues that arise on a day-to-day basis. Schedules service department work activities among technicians, monitors work for completeness and timeliness, responds to customer service scheduling needs. Works closely with the Branch Manager and Coordinators as an internal resource to the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Have a detailed knowledge of all Caterpillar equipment and allied products, warranty, policies, and related products.
• Manages technicians, ensuring that they are reporting to jobs in a timely fashion as communicated to the customer.
• Aligns, partners, and collaborates with assigned HR representative to proactively manage employee relations and support / develop business unit objectives.
• Work with the Service Coordinator to provide timely, accurate estimates for repair both in terms of completion time and cost.
• Ensures prompt and accurate service/repair of all rental equipment for QRS Fleet.
• Ensures that Aerial equipment is serviced within ANSI compliance standards, and manages both BIT and Smoke Testing for diesel rental assets within the branch.
• Manages shop supplies to branch budget.
• Manages branch R&M% and Fleet unavailable to company target and beyond.
• Manage and improve branch shop efficiency and processes.
• Assists service coordinator in reviewing repair orders, ensuring that all parts and labor are captured per the technician’s service report.
• Ensure that technicians are properly trained and tooled to support current and future products.
• Complete or assist Branch Manager with completing technician reviews in a timely manner utilizing the PADS process.
• Responsible for managing service vehicles, ensuring timely maintenance and repair as well developing expectations around cleanliness and professional image.
• Responsible and accountable for maintaining and promoting a safe work environment. Promote Safety First culture. Complete Employee Injury Report promptly and accurately.
• Demonstrate good communication and people skills.
• Be computer literate, functional in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrate and promote Quinn Company Values of Relationships, Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Quality and Service.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma. Associates degree in Business or Technical discipline preferred. Three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience to include supervisory and computer skills, and a general mechanical aptitude.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /V /DV