Has primary responsibility for directly managing technicians and resolving any service issues that arise on a day-to-day basis. Schedules service department work activities among technicians, monitors work for completeness and timeliness, responds to customer service scheduling needs. Works closely with the Service Manager and Coordinators as an internal resource to the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Have a detailed knowledge of all Caterpillar equipment, warranty, policies, and related products.
• Manages technicians, ensuring that they are reporting to jobs in a timely fashion as communicated to the customer.
• Aligns, partners, and collaborates with assigned HR representative to proactively manage employee relations and support / develop business unit objectives.
• Work with the Service Coordinators to provide timely, accurate estimates for repair both in terms of completion time and cost.
• Ensures Service Coordinators are presented with work orders that have been reviewed, ensuring that all parts and labor are captured per the technician’s service report.
• Ensure that technicians are properly trained and tooled to support current and future products.
• Complete or assist Service Managers with completing technician reviews in a timely manner utilizing the PADS process.
• Responsible for managing service vehicles, ensuring timely maintenance and repair as well developing expectations around cleanliness and professional image.
• Responsible and accountable for maintaining and promoting a safe work environment. Promote Safety First culture. Complete Employee Injury Report promptly and accurately.
• Demonstrate good communication and people skills.
• Timely response and follow-up with customers regarding equipment repair status.
• Act as interim Service Manager when Service Manager is out of the office.
• Be computer literate, functional in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrate and promote Quinn Company core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Quality and Service.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree in Business or Technical discipline. Three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience to include supervisory and computer skills, and general mechanical service abilities.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /V /DV