You can expect a lot from working at Target. An inclusive, enthusiastic team. A company focused on community. A brand that puts guests first. And the fun and flexibility of a job that works for you.
About this Opportunity
- Ensure assets and conditions meet Maintenance Standards
- Guarantee the interior and exterior of the store is neat and clean
- Support all New, Remodel and Closing Store activities
- Partner and communicate with vendors to drive results and resolve issues using Local Vendor Management process
- Validate and monitor vendor work to ensure quality and efficient service is provided:
- Model and provide proactive guest service
- Respond to emergency issues/events and support disaster/crisis recovery, when necessary
- Follow Best Practices in areas of spend and materials/tools purchasing
- Maintain accurate records of all maintenance activities (e.g., Preventive Maintenance Checklists)
- Partner with Store Leadership to reduce impact to assets through education and influence of store team members
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Mechanical and building maintenance skills gained through experience (1-2 years) or technical education in electrical, mechanical, carpentry, HVAC, or plumbing. Includes but not limited to performing maintenance or repairs on following:
- Electrical maintenance: Perform electrical maintenance work, as allowed by the authority having jurisdiction.
- Plumbing: Repair and replace faucets, valves, fixtures, toilets, and perform irrigation systems maintenance.
- Interior work: Painting, maintaining and repairing walls, doors, ceilings and floors.
- Exterior work: Painting, landscape, parking lot, pressure washing and roof maintenance.
- Operator-certified for all pertinent equipment including baler, compactor, pallet jacks, stackers, human lifts and forklifts. Demonstrate proficiency in operating power tools, HVAC, wet/dry and litter vacuum, and other power equipment (as Labor Laws permit). Maintains familiarity with operating and safety procedures of all equipment.
- Available nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Able to climb, descend, and work from ladders.
- Able to operate power equipment safely and know their uses.
- Physically able to lift equipment or items weighing 50 pounds or more.
- Specialty experience in any of the following areas: Basic door repair, HVAC filter changing, carpentry, power equipment/mechanical repair and basic equipment trouble-shooting
- Experience in working, communicating and resolving issues with vendors and contractors.
Perks and Benefits
- Target merchandise discount
- Competitive pay
- Flexible scheduling
- Training and development
- And other benefits
inform us of your interest. Select Hourly Stores Positions. Search for the store zip code or City. You can also visit your local Target stores to apply on the Employment Kiosks located at the front of the stores. Qualified candidates will be contacted.
From our Minneapolis-based headquarters to over 1,800 stores and more than 35 distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada, Target offers a world of possibilities in an environment that will encourage you to innovate and contribute ideas. Join a company that’s always moving forward to what’s next. Be a part of a team that has revolutionized retail, championed design, and volunteered thousands of hours giving back to their communities. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit through community grants and programs; today, that giving equals more than $4 million a week.
Target is an equal employment opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.