Holt of California is seeking a qualified Staff Accountant II to support the Accounting Manager in carrying out the goals and responsibilities of the Accounting Department by researching and analyzing assigned accounts; preparing financial reports and ensuring compliance with laws and regulations.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling all assigned accounts.
- Performs necessary internal review functions.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for related entities and acquisitions by reviewing financial information converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organizational goals by working with the accounting team.
- Ability to work on special projects and prioritize responsibilities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Accounting (CPA preferred) and three to five years related accounting experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.