Plan, conduct and standardize mechanical inspections of machined parts. Create PC-DMIS CMM programs for in-process & final inspection of critical dimensions. Prepare first article inspections reports. Reports to the Quality Manager.
- Reads and interprets drawings and specifications to determine appropriate inspection strategy of in-process or completed machined part. Determines and develop necessary fixturing for CMM inspection.
- Performs mechanical inspection on precision machined components. Accuracy to 5um (.0002”) often required. Confirms 3D surface contours meet requirements. Prepares first article inspections reports.
- Creates PC-DMIS CMM programs for in-process & final inspection of critical dimensions. Creates operator work instructions.
- Follows established quality, maintenance, and safety standards.
- Experience in the use hand inspection tools (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges), CMM and other inspection equipment. Experience fixturing parts for inspection.
- Proficient with CMM DCC programming, CAD and solid models. PC-DMIS CMM programming experience desirable.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T). Ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications, bills of materials and work instructions. Able to create written and verbal instructions to supplement drawings and specifications.
- Good judgment and problem solving skills. Organization and time management skills required.
- Ability to follow safety rules and procedures relating to quality, operation and maintenance
- Able to interface with company personnel and customer representatives.
- 2+ years experience in role as PC-DMIS programmer, Mechanical Inspector, Quality Assurance Engineer, or Mechanical Engineer. Familiarity with AS9102 requirements.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Additional certifications, college degree desirable.
About Pacon Mfg, Inc.:
Recognized as 2016 Best of Livermore Machine Shop, PACON has built its over 40-year reputationas a quality supplier, operating the industry's premier CNC machining equipment and dedicated tomeeting the requirements of our customers. PACON is an AS9100C / ISO9001 5-Axis CNC machineshop specializing in machining complex geometry and close-tolerance components from almostany material. Our team serves a variety of markets including Aerospace & Defense, MedicalEquipment, Industrial Automation, Semiconductor and Communications.
PACON offers a comprehensive benefits package to its employees including health, dental andvision insurance; company-matched retirement plan; training reimbursement and flexible paid-time-off.
We are seeking candidates who enjoy tackling new challenges in a fast-paced, collaborative teamenvironment with daily work variety.
For more information please visit