At The Berg Group, the Sr. Project Manager is the lead and key contact for our project teams. They are responsible for managing and maintaining the project schedule, project estimates and overall profitability. Direct Drywall/Steel Stud framing industry experience required.
In this role you will manage construction activities to ensure all materials, layout and details are in accordance with the project plans and specifications. In addition, you will be empowered to maintain and build new relationships with our key clients and prospects.
- Review bid, plans and specs prior to estimate
- Attend preconstruction meetings and job walks to understand complete scope
- Markets Berg and our project delivery to maintain relationships and cultivate new opportunities
- Strengthens long-term relationships and develops opportunities for sales wins through partnering and negotiated services.
- Review scope of work and identify any potential risks or scope gaps from estimate to award
- Review job cost reports and compare to work in place on weekly/daily basis to ensure job profitability
- Provide cost to complete updates to accounting on a weekly basis
- Change Order Management
- Effectively communicate changes in scope to client and review potential cost exposures prior to submitting pricing
- Coordinate site logistics with client to ensure we are meeting/exceeding production goals
- Review production reports and address any issues with Foreman and superintendent
- Jobsite visits are completed on a weekly basis to ensure safety, quality and productions are being met
- Attend preconstruction meetings and pull plan meetings to assist in schedule development
- Forecast crew size based on project schedules with superintendent on a weekly basis
Project Team Leadership
- Develop, share knowledge and mentor project team members to build morale and provide growth opportunities within Berg
- Establish team roles and responsibilities, related to owned project portfolio, to create accountability and foster a positive working environment
- Coordinate with project team and client to obtain final payment and open change orders 30 days prior to job completion, and obtain final payment within 60 days of job completion
- Customer-centric and professional approach to internal/external customers
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality in all aspects of the role
- Technical degree and min 5+ years of related experience in the construction field; or equivalent mix of education and field experience.
- Direct Drywall/Steel Stud framing industry experience.
- Commercial construction background.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and customers both internal and external
- Basic presentation skills to represent information and updates in a group setting
- Ability to read and comprehend complex construction documents i.e. blueprints
- Strong computer skills; proficient in MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook
- Ability to complete day travel required of the role (weekly jobsite visits).
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong sales acumen
- Commercial construction project management experience
- Estimating experience and software knowledge; we use OnCenter, QuickBid
- Detail oriented, through and deadline/goal driven
- Base knowledge of document editing software i.e. BlueBeam, Adobe Acrobat, Plan Grid
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment
- Problem solving mindset
- Willingness to travel more extensively or overnight. While not required, the opportunity to travel will present itself based upon portfolio growth opportunities.