The Safety Specialist provides technical support and tactical execution in the implementation of Company safety programs within assigned facilities. The Safety Specialist will also be responsible for training and support of safety programs of assigned facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Developing and executing health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
• Preparing and enforcing policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
• Plans and implements programs to train managers, supervisors and employees in work safe environment, practices, accident prevention, correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
• Evaluating practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law. Assisting in accomplishing corrective actions.
• Assist local managers and supervisors to conduct regular safety meetings for departments. Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
• Prepares studies and analyses of industrial incidents causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
• Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
• Leads the investigation of incidents, injuries, and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in court hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
• Conducts special training that is required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), California Occupational Safety and Health Administration (CAL-OSHA) and the Mine Safety Health Administration (MSHA).
• Updates and audit Material Data Sheets (SDS) for locations.
• Must be able to travel to all of the branches in a regular basis or upon request by local managers and supervisors.
Bachelor’s degree preferred; 5 years’ experience required, 2 to 3 years in same or similar industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable. Additional certifications (i.e. Certified Safety Professional or other OSHA MSHA or DOT designations) are highly desirable.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /V /DV