Upgrade your Career! Become a Quinn Technician
You’ll have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced and powerful equipment on earth
• Total Rewards – Quinn offers competitive pay and benefits in addition to other rewards including profit sharing and training
• Career Advancement - Ongoing technical and managerial training means dealer technicians follow exciting and fulfilling career paths
• Advanced Training – Whether you’re a skilled or entry level technician, Quinn can provide you with education and training to further your career.
• Pride in what you do – Your helping maintain and repair equipment that has an impact on your community
• Great team environment – Quinn Company is a collaborative business that functions best as a team.
A painter must demonstrate knowledge and use of Caterpillar and competitive commercial paint products. He/she must demonstrate knowledge and use of tools of the trade including sandblast equipment, air compressors, spray guns, grinders, sanders, etc. He/she must repair and maintain tools of the trade and keep accurate records for environmental and safety requirements. A painter must demonstrate proper surface preparation, decal/film installation and produce a quality paint job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Perform painting with limited supervision.
• Possess tooling required by the service department.
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
• Work overtime as required by workload and customer need
• Select proper tooling and supplies for job
• Successfully complete appropriate training sessions as required.
• Perform tasks from verbal/written instructions and communicate effectively with supervisor and fellow employees.
• Follow directions as given; follow company policies and procedures
• Stay current with Cat product line. Utilize resources from Cat and Quinn Company.
• Demonstrate safe and proper use of steam cleaners, pressure washers, parts wash cabinets and other cleaning equipment as required.
• Demonstrate proper lockout/tag-out procedures.
• Demonstrate proper pre-start inspection procedures, basic operation, and shutdown of Caterpillar machines.
• Know locations of fire safety equipment, identify ABC extinguishers and their use, and demonstrate knowledge of company fire emergency procedures.
• Demonstrate safe methods of handling and storing hazardous materials.
• Identify proper tools required for an assigned service operation and obtain said tools from tool crib.
• Demonstrate proper usage of Caterpillar surface cleaning and refinishing products
• Clean new/used equipment as necessary for painting.
• Safely move machines to designated areas as required.
• Dry machine/components for paint preparation.
• Prepare machine/component surfaces for paint (sandblast, sodablast, sand, mask, body fill, etc.)
• Understand and interpret material safety data sheets (MSDS).
• Prime machine/component surfaces as required.
• Select and prepare paint mixture for application.
• Unmask machine/components and apply decals/films.
• Inspect work and report oil leaks, cracked welds, etc. to supervisor.
• Clean paint room and painting equipment.
• Retain acquired knowledge; build competencies and share skills with other painters.
• Treat customers and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner.
• Be responsible for personal development and training requirements for growth
• A fit with Quinn Company’s performance driven culture and values of Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Quality and Service.
• Other duties as assigned by manager, supervisor or lead person.
• Travel to other stores, customer sites, other dealer and Caterpillar facilities for work or training.
• Work alternate shifts a required by workload and customer needs.
• Work in the field as required by manager or supervisor.
Operational / Safety:
• Carry out duties and responsibilities according to safety guidelines and policies.
• Operate equipment, cranes and vehicles within design limitations and perform daily maintenance as required.
• Demonstrate safe work practices at all times.
• Demonstrate safe and proper application of hand, pneumatic and electric tools.
• Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as safety glasses, respirators, hearing protection and safety shoes as required.
• Report any hazardous work conditions immediately to your supervisor or safety representative.
• Maintain current forklift operator training certified.
• Maintain MSHA certificate if applicable.
• Employee shall receive general hazardous waste and Spill Prevention (SPCC) training along with any additional environmental related training that pertains to their specific job function. This training must be renewed on an annual basis.
• Maintain clean and organized workspace and equipment.
• Return tools and equipment to proper location.
• Securing company and personal tools at the end of the shift.
• Maintain clean and organized company vehicle if applicable.
• Maintain clean and orderly lunchrooms, restrooms, locker rooms and common areas.
• Accurately complete service reports of work performed in a timely manner.
• Accurately complete parts orders, and identify parts for return.
• Practice effective time management and good work habits.
• Accountable for meeting labor flat rates and quality. Report inaccurate flat rates and situations when flat rates will not be met to your manager/supervisor.
• Effectively communicate customer needs to shop management.
• Demonstrate proficiency with current computer software and related hardware.
• Perform departmental duties as assigned.
• Load and unload equipment and check in/out as necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent. Three year’s industry experience or equivalent education and experience.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /V /DV