Starting Pay $20.00 to $24.00 per hour DOE
Follow your passion at Saladino’s Foodservice.
Saladino’s Foodservice cares about its associates by providing them these benefits (among many others):
- Regular pay increase opportunities; top out is $24.00 per hour
- Overtime after 8 hrs/day; double time after 12 hrs/day
- Year-round work; no seasonal layoffs
- State of the art warehouse and equipment
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Uniforms provided including work boots
- 401K Retirement Plan and company match up to 4%
- Discounts for cell phone plans, family attractions, movie tickets, and more
- Paid Vacation; Paid Sick Leave; Paid Bereavement Leave
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skill and/or ability and the physical requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All Shuttle Driver / Line Driver (Truck Drivers) must:
- have a Valid Class A CDL and Medical Card
- have a clean DMV printout (2 or less points)
- have their Doubles endorsement
- be at least of 21 years of age
- have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and write simple notes in English
- have basic math skills
- have coachable listening, communication and interpersonal skills
The Shuttle Driver / Line Driver is responsible for driving specified tractor and trailers from starting point to destination and back, ensuring load is delivered timely and safely. This position requires the safe operation of company provided equipment and is considered SAFETY SENSITIVE.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Supports and promotes the mission, vision, and guiding behaviors of the company.
- Follows all departmental procedures and company policies, including attendance.
- Drives set of trailers from starting point to destination and back; unhooks and hooks trailers to the proper tractor; confirms the route bags contain proper keys, paperwork and invoices; confirms the refrigeration units are set and cooling at the correct temperature.
- Meets or exceeds company productivity standards.
- Follows all D.O.T. regulations; maintains driver log according to state and federal regulations; performs and documents thorough vehicle pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Interacts appropriately with onboard computer system.
- Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions, reports injuries/accidents immediately, demonstrates safe behavior at all times, especially when using company property and/or operating equipment or vehicles.
- Safety Sensitive jobs are held to a higher standard as reflected in performance evaluations and are subject to Random drug or alcohol testing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
(see job description for full details)
From locally-sourced to national brands, Saladino’s Foodservice provides restaurants with the products they want and the business solutions they need. As the largest independent, family-owned foodservice distributor in California, our company is built on family values, sustainable business practices, servicing the customer beyond their expectations and giving back to the communities we serve since 1944.