Holt of California is seeking a qualified Shop Lead Mechanic to repair and maintain rental equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs light maintenance on equipment.
- Greets, assists and directs customers in yard area.
- Answers phones and answers questions from customers.
- Clean equipment when necessary on rental returns and rental checkouts.
- Handle field service calls as dispatched.
- Disassembles unit and inspects parts for wear.
- Repairs or replaces parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings.
- Overhauls and replaces carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, and pumps.
- Rebuilds parts such as crankshafts and cylinder blocks.
- Requires working knowledge of ignition system, lights, and instrument panels.
- Relines and adjusts brakes, and repairs leaks in radiator.
- Repairs and adjusts headlights, and installs and repairs accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors and windshield wipers.
- Writes service reports.
- Orders parts.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and five years of equipment repair experience is required.