CLP (soon to be PeopleReady) Knows Skilled Trades
HIRING: Shipfitter in Chula Vista, CA
Ready to put your skills to work? When you join CLP, you’ll work for large and small companies, national and local, that need skilled tradespeople. You have expertise and reliability. CLP has jobs.
CLP is currently hiring Ship fitters for an upcoming project in the Chula Vista, area.
Put your experience to work. Contact CLP today.
Shipfitter Job Description
· Forming parts of structural assembly in connection with ship alteration and repair.
· Repairing and/or removing and replacing damaged ship structures and fittings.
· Must be able to understand and perform the set up, alignment, and operation of various portable tools and hand tools used in the trade including plasma cutting machines and oxy/fuel torches.
· In depth working knowledge of the following: shipboard plate (hull, deck, bulkhead) systems (repair/installation practices, procedures, alignments and material requirements), and blue print reading and interpretation
· Minimum 2 years’ experience aboard a ship or in shipyard environment for journeyman
· Must be available for both 1st and 2nd shift
· Current OSHA 10 Maritime Card a plus
· Must pass a drug screen
· Able to obtain a RapidGate Badge
· Experience preferred
· Committed to safety at all times
· Reliable attendance