Role PurposeUnder close supervision, performs various machining operations to efficiently produce a quality part to customer specifications
Fabricate, make and assemble, using existing tooling, all types of sheet metal, TRE Metal or Soundwich panels and assemblies. Perform all of the various operations required to make parts assemblies, to meet quality requirements and specifications.Key Responsibilities
- Follow sketches, blueprints, verbal and written instructions and shop travelers in accomplishing work assignments.
- Perform trimming, forming, contouring, goring, aligning, mating, fitting and straightening in accomplishing work assignments.
- Use precision measuring instruments, hand and power tools, in accomplishing work assignments.
- Operate basic shop machines necessary in accomplishing work assignments.
- Notify supervision of faulty equipment and safety hazards and recommend corrective action.
- Make calculations such as averages, ranges or percentages to plot points on Statistical Process Control charts.The individual shall perform limited interpretation of this data including the ability to recognize unnatural patterns.Points for plotting will be determined by the individual using standard measurement equipment.
- May drive company vehicle or forklift
- Completes Operator Acceptance Program (OAP) certification, as required.
Qualifications / Experience / SkillsRequires 1 year machining or related type experience or over 1 month of directly related training through a technical school or college, or equivalent experience. Must possess an aptitude to learn setup and operation of machines, such as cutoff saws, shears, rolls, brakes, presses, forming machines, spinning machines and punch, that cut, shape and bend metal plates, sheets, tubes, and structures, including, shop math, and the proper use of all applicable inspection tools. Must have own tools. Must be able to read and understand written planning and follow verbal instructions.