Holt of California is seeking a qualified earthmoving and heavy equipment Welder who works independently as a welder in the machining of customers’ components by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs welding, such as, cutting fabrication, mig & stick, in required time frames and set standards.
- Ability to effectively write detailed service reports.
- Must keep timely and accurate reporting of times on job and completion of service reports.
- Inspects welded joints and conducts test to ensure welds meet company standards, national code requirements, and customer job specifications.
- Keeps work area clean and safe.
- Must be able to operate lathes, auto feed drill, magniflux machines, bore welder, milling machine, and boring bar.
- Must be familiar with earthmoving types of repair.
- Supports the other journey-person machinist on work to be performed on customers’ machines.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with brake press may be helpful.