Responsible for the commissioning, diagnosis, and repair of envinronmental-control systems, utilizing knowledge of electronics, direct digital control, airflow, hydronics, refrigeration theory, and control techniques.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Responsible for end to end testing, downloading programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Uses a variety of hand tools, interpreting control drawings, plans, and specifications, to mount, assemble, test, and program the system.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and repairs direct digital control systems at customer's location.
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Prepares for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Maintains assigned stock of inventory, company equipment, and documents all related activities.
- Provides training and follow-up training at customer site.
- Provides sales leads to appropriate personnel.
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job, including daily time, progress, and duration; and maintaining files.
- Records parts, material, labor, and other cost data per assignment and returns unused resources.
- Turns in all required paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
- Represents company by serving as a direct customer contact.
- Identifies parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need.
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of direct digital control systems.
- Provides technical support to customers on assigned projects.
- Inspects vehicles by checking vehicle condition and literature supplies.
- Maintains vehicles by keeping records of service manuals, scheduling, completed repairs and maintenance service.
- Maintains tools and equipment by inspecting for signs of wear.
- Regular travel requirements are 50% of the time with occasional overnight stays.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or minimum of five (5) years experience in control systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience. AX Tridium certified beneficial.