Responsible for retrofit and repair of environmental-comfort systems, utilizing knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting, and mechanical layouts. Typically requires an Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a Technical / Trade School with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning and five (5) years related experience; or seven (7) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Uses a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units.
- Identifies, analyzes, diagnoses, and repairs systems and products at customer’s location.
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as need or requested by customers.
- Prepares for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Inspects vehicles by checking vehicle condition and literature supplies
- Maintains vehicles by keeping records of service manuals, scheduling, and complete repairs and maintenance service
- Maintains equipment by inspecting for signs of ware. Notifies customer and/or Project Manager of findings.
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job and maintaining files
- Represents company by serving as a direct customer contact.
- Provides re-training and follow-up training at customer site.
- Determines parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job, including daily time, progress, and duration; and maintaining files.
- Records parts, material, labor, subs and other cost data per assignment and returns unused resources.
- Turns in all required paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
- Keeps current on all Trane products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service and repair
- Read and interpret product specifications and experience in working with building specifications, drawings and designs
- Provides technical support to customers
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends as necessary
- Regular travel requirements with some overnight travel
May directly supervise the HVAC Field Technician Apprentices. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations’ policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a Technical / Trade School with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning and five (5) years related experience; or seven (7) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software