High End Residential Contractor seeks:
The Service Technician is responsible for managing a high volume of routine and as-needed service work at multiple locations throughout the Bay Area. Routine service work is primarily characterized by coordinating mechanical, electrical, and plumbing subcontractor visits at regular intervals; providing adjustments to cabinetry, hardware, fixtures, and finishes; and replacing light bulbs and filters. As-needed service requests often require an urgent/timely response and a modest level of assessment, troubleshooting, and issue resolution.
· Perform routine service on an annual, semi-annual, or quarterly basis, typically for existing clients.
· Respond to a consistent flow of as-needed service requests and perform service/repairs onsite as required.
· Manage onsite jobsite performance of subcontractors to ensure efficient, focused, high-quality service work.
· Install and maintain appropriate finish protection, safety measures, and home/personal security at all times.
· Keep the company Service Vehicle equipped with appropriate tools and materials at all times.
· Order and pick-up job-specific tools and materials and ensure they are onsite on time to support the work.
· Travel to multiple jobsites in a single day as required by service work requests.
· Keep accurate Daily Job Reports per jobsite location per day.
· Provide photo documentation of site conditions and work areas as necessary.
· Maintain First Aid and CPR/AED training certification.
· Remain prepared to respond to after-hours emergencies, with 24-hour cell phone monitoring.
· Minimum 7-8 years of experience in a construction-related field.
· Understanding of, and familiarity with, construction materials and methods.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent time-management and organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
· Ability to support multiple service efforts at all times.
· Proficiency with MS Office tools.