Service Operations Specialist must be a motivated self-starter and is responsible for ensuring that the highest level of customer service is provided to our clients as well as complete support through various tasks requested by the service department managers. This position requires the ability to multi task at a high level.
- Opening and closing work orders for multiple departments/locations including but not limited to Main Shop, Field Service, and Rental Branches.
- Responsible for WIP (Work In Process) pertaining to assigned store.
- Maintain LDL (Last Date of Labor) to department requirements.
- Verify & edit service reports for uploading.
- Review work orders for proper labor hours and parts.
- Multiple clerical tasks including: filing, scanning, answering multiple telephone lines and dealing with internal and external customers.
- Warranty- Verify service reports have detailed repair reports, correct SIMS, hours, and place any outside vendor forms/Caterpillar required documents in the master file.
- Purchase Orders – Distribute, track, post, voucher and file all purchase orders for department
- Meetings – includes ordering lunch, taking minutes, and distribution.
- Responsible for checking that time is encoded correctly for work orders and for payroll purposes.
- Maintain spreadsheets as required for the service department.
- Any other duties as directed by the Service Operations Manager.
- Lead special projects related to service process and warranty improvements.
- Monitor and manage key service financial metrics.
- Train new employees on centralized WIP procedures and tasks.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have two (2) year’s general office experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Must have three (3) to five (5) years of customer service, relationship building and/or Sales experience.
- PC skills are required.
- Must have a valid California Class C Driver’s License.
- Must have above average communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, ability to work at a fast pace and under pressure preferred.
Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
- Sitting: Sits at desk for long periods of time
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous paperwork
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction
- Vision: Read computer and paperwork.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform various functions of the job.
- Talking: Communicating by phone and in person
- Walking and moving about on foot.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works in an office environment
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.