The Service Foreman is responsible for managing the field operations associated with multiple clients and multiple projects running concurrently. Service projects are characterized by the need to assess and resolve issues which require troubleshooting, defining/developing scope, identifying and directing additional resources, (field personnel, subcontractors, consultants, architects, designers), estimating costs and schedules, and managing expectations while executing the work.
The Service Foreman will drive these activities from the field perspective and receive support from the Service Coordinator. The Service Foreman will manage subcontractor
work for quality assurance and adherence to cost and schedule commitments, and self-perform trade work as often as is sensible.
· Is first responder to service requests which require an initial assessment of conditions and a recommendation for how to resolve issues.
· Collaborates with Service Coordinator to develop the most appropriate approach to resolving the issue and/or executing the work.
· Leads the effort in the field to define or clarify the scope(s) of work, relying on subcontractors, consultants, architects, and designers as necessary.
· Directs subcontractors to present innovative interim solutions when the fuller or more proper solution requires long lead times or may be considered cost-prohibitive.
· Self-performs repairs and trade work as necessary and appropriate, including the procurement of materials and tools as required.
· Ensures smooth operation of Service jobs when backfilling for Service Tech who must address an emergency or other immediate service need.
· Partners with Service Coordinator in transitioning a large job from completing the punch list to becoming an ongoing Service client.
· Is part of the Emergency Response team (with Service Tech and Service Coordinator) which requires 24-hour preparedness for immediate response in case of emergency.
· Coordinates and schedules subcontractor work.
· Provides jobsite supervision with a focus on quality assurance and adherence to cost/schedule commitments.
· Maintains clear and consistent communication with Service Coordinator and clients to set and maintain expectations regarding project schedule, budget, and overall project results.
· Maintains accurate Daily Job Reports which reflect every hour of every day, one for each job.
· Captures course-of-construction photos as required to provide recourse of existing conditions and confirmation that work was performed accurately.
· Maintains all safety standards, safety inspections, and First Aid/CPR/AED training.
· Minimum 7-10 years experience in a construction-related field.
· Understanding of, and familiarity with, construction materials and methods.
· Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
· Proven organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to manage multiple efforts at all times and to manage workload obligations.
· Willingness to travel to multiple jobsites in a given day/week, locations ranging throughout the Bay Area (San Francisco, South Bay, East Bay, North Bay).
· Proficiency with MS Office tools; a high level of computer literacy with a command of other office software including spreadsheets, word processing, and database application.
Please email resumes to: