LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY – THIS IS A LOS ANGELES BASED POSITION (Lenax does not pay for relocation or travel expenses for interviews).
Since its inception in 1993, Lenax Construction Services, Inc. (LENAX) has provided quality construction services and project controls to a diverse range of engineering, design, and construction firms. LENAX services a broad range of markets, including airports, transportation, industrial, correctional, universities, and marine. LENAX is a goal-oriented and customer-driven independent consulting business, aimed at adding value and strength to our clients’ program teams by providing expertise in current pricing and economic trends, while utilizing the most up to date means and methods in the construction and design industries.
LENAX is looking for a Scheduler II - Forensic (Sr. Scheduler). The Senior Scheduler reports to the Project Controls Manager and the Project Manager; and is responsible for providing direct support to the Core Renovation and other Airport project teams for the scheduling and stakeholder coordination activities related to the project. The successful candidate will have proven experience scheduling complex, multi-phase, multi-million dollar airport terminal construction and/or renovation projects.
Candidate must exhibit senior level forensic scheduling experience for similar size projects over $250 Million with an emphasis on currently recognized recommended forensic practices. A certification in Planning and Scheduling is helpful but not required. The position requires at least ten (10) years prior experience as a scheduler; with five (5) years directly related to claims analysis.
The Senior Scheduler’s duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares detailed plans and time scaled charts and diagrams; Provides development and analysis of man-hour resources, equipment resources and cost loaded, time-phased schedules; and Promptly reports schedule slippage or other unsatisfactory performance. This position may be assigned as the only Scheduler on one or more smaller projects.
- Develop and maintain detailed construction planning schedules for new construction and renovation work, as required. These schedules may incorporate several scenarios used to finalize construction sequencing and contracting plans. Special emphasis will be focused on stakeholder issues for the terminal improvements.
- Develop and analyze man-hour resources, equipment resources and cost loaded, time-phased schedules.
- Prepare detailed plans and time scaled charts and diagrams
- Monitor project progress against an established baseline.
- Provide impact analysis of schedule changes, identify schedule variances and opportunities and proactively develop mitigation strategies for the Project Management team.
- Maintain simplified logic schedules to highlight status of key interfaces for critical path review.
- Review third-party design and/or construction schedules and provide written comments. Participate with third-party scheduler to address the comments.
- Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments. Responsible for promptly reporting schedule slip-page or other variances.
- Possesses master schedule system and project interface and integration understanding and appreciation for time frames necessary including BHS, Special Systems, Power, HVAC and other aviation related disciplines.
- Perspective for base building core and shell schedule development and timeframe needed for MSC build out successfully merging competing interests. History of successful communicator, collaborator and facilitator. Contribute to the advancement of the team's goals through commitment to productive collaboration with all stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or any related field.
- Candidate must exhibit senior level forensic scheduling experience for similar size projects over $250 Million with an emphasis on currently recognized recommended forensic practices.
- A certification in Planning and Scheduling is helpful but not required.
- The position requires at least ten (10) years prior experience as a scheduler; with five (5) years directly related to claims analysis.
- Demonstrated experience scheduling the design and construction of large-scale, complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort.
- Experience with Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to understand a demanding, technical and complicated construction program; and the ability to communicate progress and issues to a technical- and management-level audience.
- Demonstrated experience with Primavera Project Planner Version 6.0 or higher is required.
- Experience with large-scale construction management type software such as Prolog is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat is required.
- Ability to work with others, a self-starter with results-driven focus.
- Capability to assume additional responsibilities.
- Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment.
- Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous position.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues to a non-technical audience.
- Airport experience is Highly Desirable.
Salary history and salary expectations must be included. Applicants without a salary expectations and history will not be considered. A list of previous projects worked on is required as well.
LENAX employees enjoy a wide range of benefits and a competitive compensation package. LENAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
8 PAID HOLIDAYS PER YEAR
3 WEEKS OF PTO