NOTE: THIS IS A LOS ANGELES BASED POSITION (LENAX does not pay for relocation or travel expenses for interviews).
Since its inception in 1993, Lenax Construction Services, Inc. (LENAX) has provided quality construction services and project controls to a diverse range of engineering, design, and construction firms. LENAX services a broad range of markets, including airports, transportation, industrial, correctional, universities, and marine. LENAX is a goal-oriented and customer-driven independent consulting business, aimed at adding value and strength to our clients’ program teams by providing expertise in current pricing and economic trends, while utilizing the most up to date means and methods in the construction and design industries.
LENAX is looking for a Scheduler II (Senior Scheduler). The Senior Scheduler reports to the Scheduling Lead. The successful candidate will have proven experience scheduling complex, multi-phase, multi-million dollar design and construction projects. Job duties include, but are not limited to, preparing detailed schedules, review of contractor schedules, and review TIA’s. The Scheduler is the liaison between the Project Managers, Program Controls Manager and team—communicating project schedule analysis and reports.
KEY Identifiers for the Scheduler II Position
- A four year (4-yr.) degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field, preferred;
- Must have a minimum of three-to-five (3 – 5) years of scheduling experience, and with three-to-five (3 – 5) years’ experience in direct support of an active construction project.
- Civil, flat work, including airports and road construction, preferred!
- Mastery of Primavera P6, Version 8.3 or higher.
Essential Job Duties - The Senior Scheduler’s duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Review Contractor’s Baseline Construction Schedule for conformance with the Plans and Specification to ensuring proper WBS breakdown, sequencing, critical path and logic ties, and inclusion of all activities, resource loading, etc. necessary for approval. o Perform and coordinate constructability review on Contractor’s Baseline Schedule submittal and identify any missing activities, float sequestering or suppression techniques/issues or any other conflicts or shortcomings.
- Ensure that project WBS are properly coded and resource loaded
- Provide written evaluation, comments and responses on Baseline Schedule submittal.
- Coordinate with Contractor Scheduler as necessary for clarification and resolution of schedule deficiencies
- Review Contractor’s Monthly Schedule updates in conformance with the plans and specification and identifying any logic changes or inaccurate progress reporting, critical path changes or other pertinent items necessary.
- Identify variations from the plan and analyses and report on the cause of the variations.
- Review construction progress and inspection reports and maintain an accurate “as built” schedule for use during construction and for evaluation of Contractor’s Monthly Schedule updates and any Time Impact Analysis (TIA) submittal.
- Attend weekly construction meeting and monitor 3 Week Look Ahead Schedules for accuracy and identify any inconsistency with Baseline/Schedule updates. Promptly reporting schedule slippage, other unsatisfactory performance or other variances.
- Identify any critical path changes or near critical path changes that could impact individual phase, milestones or project duration
- Provide written response and approval recommendation submittal response.
- Coordinate schedule comments and corrections with Contractors.
- Review Time Impact Analysis (TIA) submitted by the Contractor and provide written responses, evaluation and recommendation for time extension as appropriate. Identify schedule variances and opportunities and proactively develop mitigation strategies for the Project Management team.
- Provide client “What if” schedule impacts for contemplated additional work, potential re-sequencing of phases or construction activities. Evaluate, and forecast project status against an established baseline schedule. Assess the impact of project milestones and report status to Management in order to mitigate project overruns and schedule slippage
- Provides direct scheduling related support on multiple projects on reporting to multiple Project Managers.
- May require monthly support for projects in Planning or Design along with supporting Construction projects within a Master Program Schedule Plan and would report to the Airside Element Management Team.
- May be required to maintain master schedule system to track project interfaces for time frame impacts to electrical airfield systems, mechanical systems, airfield operations and other aviation related disciplines and projects.
- Provides development and analysis of man-hour resources, equipment resources and cost loaded, time-phased schedules.
- Prepare detailed plans; time scaled charts, diagrams and tracking various quantities to measure construction performance.
- Maintain simplified logic schedules to highlight status of key interfaces for critical path review.
- Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
- Participate and review with third-party schedulers to address and provide written comments.
- Analyze and assess project milestones and reports the fiscal impact and risk to Management.
- Contribute to the advancement of client development group's goals through commitment to productive collaboration with all stakeholders and in development of planning and design schedules.
- Support overlapping project scheduling tasks, issue management, meeting facilitation, document control and monthly status reporting to the Project Management Team.
Job Requirements - To effectively perform the essential functions of the Scheduler II job, candidates must meet the following position specifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or any related field, preferred.
- Must have at least three to five years of scheduling experience with three to five years in direct support of an active construction project. Preferred civil flat work--airports and road construction.
- Demonstrated experience scheduling the design and construction of large-scale, complex projects including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for multi-million dollar construction projects within the range of $30M - $150M.
- Requires knowledge and experience of Project Management principles and Project Control Cycles.
- Must be capable of reporting earned value performance measurement techniques.
- Understanding of critical path method (CPM) scheduling techniques and principles, including ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects concurrently.
- Must be able to track field progress weekly in reporting Contractor’s performance.
- Developed reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
- Worked in a master schedule/sub project system environment including programs in determining progress impacts.
- Must possess capability to report on all levels of project schedules, quality, monitor project progress, risk and ensure project milestones are met.
- Demonstrated experience in working and reviewing third-party design and/or construction schedules and addressing comments.
- Must clearly and concisely be capable of presenting project trends, risks and forecast performance reports to management and to make recommendations on strategies and mitigation measures to resolve project issues is required.
- Demonstrated experience in progress reporting documents and ability to understand a demanding, technical, and complicated construction program plus the ability to communicate progress and issues both verbally and written communications on technical and non-technical matters for various levels of management.
Hardware/Software Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrated experience with Primavera Project Planner Version 8.3 or higher is required.
- Experience with large-scale construction project management software such as Prolog is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is required.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and/or Bluebeam is required (Adobe Acrobat, preferred)
- Experience presenting graphical data, as related to scheduling, is required.
- Ability to work with others, a self-starter with results-driven focus.
- Capability to assume additional responsibilities.
- Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment.
- Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous position.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues to a non-technical audience (in addition to that of a technical and management-level audience).
- Airport airside experience is highly desirable.
- May be required to assume other duties, as needed;
- May work overtime
- May be required to work various shifts, as needed.
Salary expectations and either a project-based resume (including project name, client, employer, project timeframes, $$ Value) and/or project list will be required.
* * *LENAX employees enjoy a wide range of benefits and a competitive compensation package * * *
LENAX is Drug-free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer