- CA |
- Jobs |
- Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
San Francisco94102CAUSSan Francisco, CA
The Project Manager is responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. He is the leader who conceptualizes the construction project, and is responsible for its smooth organization, implementation and completion, to the satisfaction of the client. He is responsible for overseeing: Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety Management.
· Charting out the project objectives and plans, setting performance requirements, and selecting project participants
· Bringing about optimum utilization of resources - labor, materials and equipment, and ensuring their procurement at most cost-effective terms or as specified
· Implementation of various operations through proper coordination
· Development of effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants
· Oversee the construction project from start to finish
· Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed
· Create the teams, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities
· Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking if team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
· Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule
· Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises
· Develop the project schedule and continue to revise throughout construction
· Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project
· Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and laborers
· Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams
· Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards
· Periodic inspection of construction sites
· Ensure project documents are complete
· Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims
· Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client
Knowledge and Skills Required:
A Bachelor's degree in construction management or equivalent experience.
Minimum 5 years of experience in construction projects.
Excellent communication skills.
A complete and thorough technical knowledge of the construction process, and a good understanding of overall construction methods and means.
Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
Qualitative and Other Attributes Required:
Ability to plan and organize a team effort
Good client management and goodwill building ability
Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams
Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
Capacity to handle pressure
Willingness to travel extensively across the construction sites
Physical and mental fitness is a given
Strong focus on quality
Compensation depending on credentials, competence, relevant work experience and qualifications.
Please send resumes to: