The Principal is an internal & external representative of the firm in all aspects of client development & management, order origination, upsell, revenue management, engagement delivery/leadership, people leadership, knowledge management, & solution development. This role is looked to as the expert in client problem definition & outcome delivery. The Principal is a critical member of the Senior Leadership Team, providing organizational clarity & leadership through communication & action.
1. Client Leadership
1.1. Serving as the Engagement Executive for simultaneous financial strategy and finance advisory engagements to ensure high levels of quality, client satisfaction, and employee satisfaction. Becoming personally involved in engagements where necessary to mitigate risk.
1.2. Developing expertise as a senior advisor to the Executive levels in the client organizations, helping the client to scope the nature of specific problems they are facing and activating the client to take action.
1.3. Developing expertise at establishing new executive level relationships with key stakeholders at new prospective clients
1.4. Ensuring engagement profitability
1.5. Responsible for the achievement of contracted client engagement outcomes.
1.6. Preparing and delivering succinct, clear and insightful and influential executive-level presentations.
1.7. Establishing executive level relationships with key stakeholders, decision makers in key accounts
1.8. Serve as a GE liaison to the client for executive level communication.
2. Business Development
2.1. Continuously updating their understanding of the clients’ changing clinical and/or operational issues.
2.2. Analyzing market dynamics and competition to develop business opportunities for the team.
2.3. Qualifing, aligning and advisng clients to achieve their desired clinical or operational outcomes.
2.4. Ability to understand and shape clients needs based on his/her broad understanding of the healthcare marketplace, Performace Soutions offerings and defined client needs.
2.5. Responsibility for opportunity and funnel management activities to build and deliver sufficient orders and backlog to the business.
2.6. Developing and closing new commercial opportunities with existing clients and securing new clients.
3. Practice Management
3.1. Responsibility for key metrics to include, but not limited to, revenue, operating margin, on time project completion and upsell orders.
3.2. Being recognized internally and externally as an expert in at least two solution areas/practices.
3.3. Presents speeches/writes articles for local/regional/national audiences in area of practice
3.4. Manages and directs Knowledge Management activities on the engagement team.
3.5. Driving practice development in either an assigned geography or a for a specific suite of solutions
3.6. Participating in new solution development giving feedback, input, ideas to global development teams.
3.7. Driving practice development across at least one Performance Solutions domain areas to include; participating in new solution development giving feedback, input, ideas to global development teams, building consulting practitioner knowledge of the domain, and leading the creation of internal and external thought leadership assets.
4. People Leadership
4.1. Leading and managing multiple engagement teams providing organizational leadership, mentoring, career development and coaching.
4.2. Requiring, modeling, promoting and completing timely performance feedback to team members.
4.3. Developing and training junior staff.
4.4. Managing a team of employees with responsibility of performance management, career development and coaching.
1. Bachelors Degree
2. 7+ years of experience in either advisory services/consulting or performance improvement in a healthcare setting
3. 5+ years of experience leading and managing complex projects with outcome focused deliverables.
4. 3+ years of experience directly or indirectly leading a team of reports.
5. 10 + years experience healthcare industry, with a specialization in hospital and multi-physician finances (payment models, hospital/system finance, contracting, Medicare, Medicaid, modeling, financial analysis, feasibility, capital planning, transactions, and turnarounds)
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel and Power Point
7. Ability to travel at least 70%
Additional Elgibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. Master’s Degree – MBA, MHA, MPHA, advanced HR degree
2. 10+ years of experience in either advisory services/consulting
3. Strong expertise and understanding of the Healthcare industry and major trends in the geography in which client projects are delivered.
4. Ability to influence and collaborate with senior level management teams
5. Ability to negotiate complex and strategic contracts.
6. Ability to think creatively and create out of the box solutions for external and internal problems
7. Demonstrated Technology acumen and understanding of software systems
8. Demonstrated data mining and analytical skills
9. Demonstrated project management expertise or certification
10. Ability to create impactful executive client facing communications and presentations
11. Demonstrated ability to manage financial, delivery or client risk in a consulting/advisory environment
12. Demonstrated expertise in driving change using Change Management tools
13. Demonstrated experience in LEAN or Six Sigma tools
14. Demonstrated experience in leading teams
15. Demonstrated experience in delivering feedback and coaching successfully
16. Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
17. Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated experience speaking and writing clearly and convincingly
18. Demonstrated business acumen and analytical skills
19. Dependable: able to work independently and consistently meet or exceed performance expectations.
20. Adaptable: able to adjust work and communication style based on situational needs.
21. Demonstrate an aptitude for critical thinking to included evaluation of ideas and synthesizing information into insights.
22. Proven ability to accomplish large volume of high quality work under pressure.
23. Proven ability to make decisions with limited information and achieve expected results