LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY – THIS IS A LOS ANGELES BASED POSITION (Lenax does not pay for relocation or travel expenses for interviews).
Since its inception in 1993, Lenax Construction Services, Inc. (LENAX) has provided quality construction services and project controls to a diverse range of engineering, design, and construction firms. LENAX services a broad range of markets, including transportation, industrial, correctional, universities, airports and marine. LENAX is a goal-oriented and customer-driven independent consulting business, aimed at adding value and strength to our clients’ program teams by providing expertise in current pricing and economic trends, while utilizing the most up to date means and methods in the construction and design industries.
Position Description Summary
LENAX is looking for a Senior Cost Engineer. The successful candidate will have proven cost engineering experience with complex, multi-phase, multi-million dollar construction and/or renovation projects. General position duties include: preparation of detailed cost reports, review and analysis of project expenditures, interfacing with project managers and subject matter experts in order to maintain accurate forecasts, and preparation of supplemental reporting materials for budget presentations. In addition, the successful candidate will be one who demonstrates professional initiative, understanding of core cost control principles, and the capacity to work on a fast-paced and passionate team.
- Five (5) to ten (10)-years’ cost engineering experience with three (3) to five (5)-years in direct support of active construction projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency with a large-scale cost reporting system is required; experience with Prolog is highly desirable.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite software, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel (including, working with complex formulas, Pivot Tables, V-Lookup, and other advanced functions).
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction programs, and explain nuanced cost issues to both technical- and management-level personnel.
Essential Job Duties: The Cost Engineer duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor project budgets for the multi-billion dollar Capital Improvement Program, reporting directly to the client-- a large, International airport.
- Review all project commitments to ensure that both budgets and expenditures follow the same methodology.
- Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
- Perform cost-to-complete analysis for all cost elements within a project, taking into consideration: staffing plans, contract commitments, expenditures to date, change orders and trends.
- Review and analyze sub-contractor invoices and prepare job costing reports to allocate expenditures to the appropriate WBS number(s).
- Attend project meetings to provide Project Management with current financial information.
- Analyze bid award values and change orders against current budgets for contractors and subcontractors.
- Conduct regular reconciliations with the Contractor’s accounting staff to ensure the accuracy of all contract values.
- Update contract commitments, reconcile and analyze actual expenditures, perform budget transfers, and monitor trend status with Client’s Prolog Project Database.
- Prepare budget transfers, as needed, to reallocate funding and to close out the project.
- Prepare data to support documentation required journal vouchers for budget transfers.
- Prepare monthly program reports and supplements.
- Thorough familiarity with MS office suite software - Word, Excel (including solid knowledge and experience using complex formulas, Pivot Tables, and V-Lookup), PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Demonstrated proficiency with a large-scale, cost-reporting system is required. Knowledge and experience with Prolog is highly preferred.
Professional Experience Level/Other Qualifications
- Five (5) to ten (10) years’ Cost Engineering experience with three (3) to (5) years’ in direct support of active construction projects.
- Demonstrated experience managing and reporting the cost components of large-scale, complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort.
- Proficiency with a large-scale cost reporting system is required. Experience utilizing Prolog is highly desirable.
- Experience with Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and the ability to communicate progress to both technical- and management-level personnel.
- Proven ability to collaborate with all team members.
- Motivated, and results-driven individual, focused on growing within PDG’s Project Controls discipline.
- Motivated and results-driven individual, focused on growing within the Development Group’s Project Controls discipline.
- Flexible to a potentially varying shift time or overtime schedule.
- No specific, minimum educational requirements.
- May assume other duties, as required/needed
- May work overtime, as required/needed
- May be required to work various shifts, as needed
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Salary expectations must be included. Applicants without salary expectations may not be considered. A list of previous projects worked on may be required, as well, if not included in your resume and/or application form.
LENAX employees enjoy a wide range of benefits and a competitive compensation package!
Lenax Construction Services is a Drug-free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.