The Sr. Claims Administrator is responsible for the administration of property and casualty claims and recovery activities. The ideal candidate should have a command of handling insurance and claims matters, enjoy planning and organizing a wide variety of risk management activities and developing cooperative relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manage insurance related lawsuits including acting as liaison between insurance company’s attorneys and related parties.
• Independently plans, directs, develops, implements, and coordinates the organizations efforts related to insurance administration claims, loss control and loss prevention.
• Insurance Renewals - provide insurance brokers with information related to company assets owned, employees, facilities, inventories, vehicles, etc.
• Reviews insurance held by third parties for contracts, permits, RFPs, etc. to ensure compliance with Quinn’s requirements
• Performs fact-finding activities involving the collection, examination, evaluation and interpretation of facts and information submitted through the claims process.
• Independently settle claims by working directly with claimants when appropriate.
• Preserves evidence, orders payment of claims and prepares releases, prepares and sends notices of insufficiency, orders reject notices and reviews, interviews witnesses.
• Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports to management, for example, loss run and present to management.
• Submit Proof of Insurance certificates for existing and new customers. Review customer contracts to ensure compliance with requested insurance requirements.
• Backup person for the Workers’ Comp claims submission process
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred and 7 plus years in the administration of a risk and claims management programs; construction or industrial claims administration experience preferred, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /V /DV